My brother 2070W acts like it receives the data, but it never prints
When reconnecting the USB cable to the computer or laptop the cable must
be reconnected to the same USB port it was previously connected to. Otherwise, Windows will install another copy of the printer
driver and the printer will no longer print. Most computers have two or
more USB ports. To prevent this problem from occurring we would
recommend labeling the end of the USB cable to indicate which USB port
the cable must be reconnected to.
To resume printing the printer driver should be removed then
In Windows 2000 open Start, Settings and Printers. In Windows XP open
Printers and Faxes. Double click one of the Brother printer icons to
open the print queue. If print jobs are listed click Printer and Cancel
All Documents. Repeat this process for all copies of the Brother printer
Delete all copies of the Brother printer driver by selecting the printer
and clicking File then Delete.
Once all the copies of the Brother printer driver have been deleted
click File and Server Properties. Click the Drivers tab. Select the
Brother printer from the list and click the Remove button. Click Close.
The printer driver can be reinstalled using the Brother CD-ROM or
downloaded from the Brother Solutions web site. Check the CD-ROM to
verify it lists the operating system installed on your computer. If your
operatingsystem is listed insert the CD-ROM and install the printer driver.Before installing the printer driver disconnect the USB
cable from the back of the printer. Do not reconnect the USB cable to
the printer until the installation prompts you.
If the CD-ROM does not list the operating system installed on your
computer the CD-ROM should not be used to reinstall the printer driver.
The newest version of the printer driver is available for free download
from the web site below.
How to install the downloaded driver:
1. Download and save the Windows 2000/XP driver to your desktop.
2. Once downloading is complete, Double-click the file to open the
WinZip Self-Extractor. In the Unzip To folder section, change the path
to c:ro, click Unzip and click OK. Click Close to close the WinZip
3. Open Printers or Printers and Faxes.
4. Click Add Printer or Add A Printer.
5. Click Next on the first screen. Select Local printer. Remove the
check from Automatically detect and install my Plug and Play printer and
click on Next.
6. Select a USB port and click on Next.
7. Click the Have Disk button and type the directory c:ro.
8. Click on OK.
9. Select the model and click on Next.
10. Select Yes to use the printer was the default printer then click
11. Select Do not share this printer or Share as and click on Next.
12. Click on Yes or No to print a test page.
13. Click on Finish to complete the installation.
Do give my solution the highest rating if it solves your problem. Thank you for using fixya.
Aug 04, 2009 |
Brother Printers & Copiers