Question about Bernina 1008
I cant figure out how to thread my new bernina 1008 sewing machine i got for xmas and i have lost the manual can someone tell me step by step how to thread this machine!
I hope I can explain this in an understandable way!
1. Pull the end of the thread from the spool to the left and "click" it into the little metal guide (on the top of the machine) that is at the back of the long **** in the top. It's easiest to do this by holding the thread tight between your two hands, placing it behind the guide, and pulling forward until it clicks in.
2. for the remaining steps, let the thrread slide between the fingers of your right hand, keeping a little tension on it, as you thread the machine with your left hand.
3. Bring the thread end forward, laying the thread into the ****, and continue downward, along the right side of the vertical silver bar/hook thingy.
4. Bring the thread under that bar from right to left, and go back up towards the top of the wide **** in the front of the machine. As you pull up, the thread will click into the lower bar/hook thingy.
5. Lay the thread along the right side of the wide ****, go over the top of the needle bar (the part that goes up and down in the ****) and bring it down the left side. It will click into the needle bar.
6. Bring the thread back down towards the presser foot. Right in front of the screw that holds the foot on, there is a hook that opens on the left side. Slide the thread behind this hook, and then thread the needle from front to back.
7. Hold onto the end of the thread and run the needle down and back up once. Pull on the thread, and it will pull up a loop of the bobbin thread. Stick the tip of your scissors or seam ripper into the loop and pull the end of the bobbin thread out.
8. Slide your top thread through the slot in the presser foot so it comes out from underneath the foot, and you're ready to go! (Be sure and hold onto both threads for the first few stitches when you start a seam, to keep if from jamming up inside.)
Let me know if you need any clarification.
Posted on Jun 21, 2009
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 20, 2017 | Bernina Sewing Machines
Feb 26, 2014 | Bernina Sewing Machines
Nov 27, 2010 | Bernina 1008
Sep 23, 2010 | Bernina 1008
Dec 01, 2009 | Bernina 1008
Sep 30, 2009 | Bernina 1008
Jan 08, 2009 | Bernina 1008
Sep 02, 2008 | Bernina 1008
1,349 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: