- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
if the motor engine is working and no power output then you need to check is there any power out from the generator motor directly (not in the power out put box I hope you already checked in there) generator motor coils could have busted due to over loads. so even the engine is rotating the generator it can't produce any volts.
Call Onan and tell them the Inverter Board is bad. If you're not producing AC Power, have them send you a new board or warranty the entire genset. It's unusual for Onan products to go out like that, but not unlikely that this is the source of the problem.
Typically, the DC motor outputs at 12 volts, so the leads going in to the inverter are only going to be a ground and a positive lead. Should be very simple to replace. Worst case scenario is you can hook an external inverter up to the DC leads on the front of that generator. Might not get the full 5.5kw from the system, but you'll be able to produce some power.
Colemans were known for losing what is known as "residual magnetism", especially when sitting for long periods of time without use. This residual magnetism is necessary for exciting the field to produce electricity. Here is what you can try: Plug a 110v drill into one of the 110 outlets. While the engine/generator is running, with an open hand (not fingers wrapped around it) spin the chuck while holding the drill trigger in the run position. Many times this small amount of current that will be produced by spinning the drill motor will restore the residual magnetism and excite the field. Keep in mind that if this works, the drill motor will begin to spin immediately since it is plugged into the outlet. Hope this helps.
First check with the
dealer and see if it is still under warranty. If it is not, make sure nothing
is blocking the air flow around where the control modules are located. This
could cause the voltage regulator and other electronic parts to overheat. Next
check the brushes and make sure they are free of any dust or build up preventing
them from making contact. If everything is OK the
next thing I would do is change the voltage regulator.
Sounds like a problem with the wiring of the outlets after the circuit breaksr. Take apart the outlet box and have a look for burned or broken wires, melted outlets, and/or small critters stuck in the wiring. I recently had to repair a generator that had its voltage regulator taken out by a frog! Regards, Carl