Question about Garmin StreetPilot 2820 GPS
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I got this finally fixed by updating the software. Goto http://www8.garmin.com/products/webupdater/howtoinstall.jsp and follow the instructions. But it is important that you don't only update the Garmin software but also the GPS software (or firmware). After doing this, I couldn't make it fail anymore. Good luck!
Posted on Oct 18, 2008
Solution below works for NUVI660 as well; ignore everything after step 6 but DO reboot and delete previously existing connections.
I was having the same problem with my Curve and Nuvi 680. What has fixed this for me is downgrading the Bluetooth firmware version on the Nuvi itself. I was running version 3.0 (you can check your version by going to Settings -> System -> About on the Nuvi) -- I had success after downgrading to version 2.4.
It's a bit of a convoluted process, but here is the procedure I followed:
1. Download the old Nuvi BT firmware from the Garmin Italy website:
2. Connect your Nuvi to your PC.
3. Go into the X:GarminRemoteSW and look for a file called 006B055301.GCD (where X: is your Nuvi drive)
4. Back up that file to your computer, and delete it from the Nuvi.
5. Extract the file in the zip downloaded in step 1 to the X:GarminRemoteSW directory
6. Disconnect your Nuvi from your computer, and let it reboot
7. Click on "View Map," then touch the "Speed" in the lower left corner.
8. You should have the "Dashboard" view up. Touch and hold the "Moving Average" box for ~15 seconds until the diagnostic screen appears.
9. Press the "next" button until you arrive at the "Bluetooth Status" screen (5-6 screens in)
10. Click "Updt PR" and then click "Yes"
11. Reboot the Nuvi, delete the existing bluetooth pairing, and attempt to re-pair with your BlackBerry.
Seems to work perfectly now -- please let me know if you have any questions. Good luck!
Posted on Feb 21, 2009
I left the Garmin in passive mode and had just the phone do a search for new bluetooth devices and it worked fine. So my advice is , if the Garmin instructions don't work, try this method.
Posted on Apr 02, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 02, 2010 | Microsoft ZUNE JS8BRPBDLUG MP3 Player
Sep 25, 2009 | Microsoft ZUNE JS8BRPBDLUG MP3 Player
Mar 18, 2009 | 2005 BMW 3 Series
Oct 03, 2008 | Microsoft Zune JS8-00001 Digital Media...
Apr 24, 2008 | Motorola Mobility RAZR V3
Jan 28, 2008 | Motorola Mobility RAZR V3i Cellular Phone
Jan 14, 2008 | Motorola Mobility RAZR V3
Oct 15, 2010 | Garmin StreetPilot 2820 GPS
Jun 17, 2009 | Garmin StreetPilot 2820 GPS
183 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: