Question about Garmin StreetPilot 2820 GPS
I got this finally fixed by updating the software. Goto http://www8.garmin.com/products/webupdater/howtoinstall.jsp and follow the instructions. But it is important that you don't only update the Garmin software but also the GPS software (or firmware). After doing this, I couldn't make it fail anymore. Good luck!
Posted on Oct 18, 2008
Solution below works for NUVI660 as well; ignore everything after step 6 but DO reboot and delete previously existing connections.
I was having the same problem with my Curve and Nuvi 680. What has fixed this for me is downgrading the Bluetooth firmware version on the Nuvi itself. I was running version 3.0 (you can check your version by going to Settings -> System -> About on the Nuvi) -- I had success after downgrading to version 2.4.
It's a bit of a convoluted process, but here is the procedure I followed:
1. Download the old Nuvi BT firmware from the Garmin Italy website:
2. Connect your Nuvi to your PC.
3. Go into the X:GarminRemoteSW and look for a file called 006B055301.GCD (where X: is your Nuvi drive)
4. Back up that file to your computer, and delete it from the Nuvi.
5. Extract the file in the zip downloaded in step 1 to the X:GarminRemoteSW directory
6. Disconnect your Nuvi from your computer, and let it reboot
7. Click on "View Map," then touch the "Speed" in the lower left corner.
8. You should have the "Dashboard" view up. Touch and hold the "Moving Average" box for ~15 seconds until the diagnostic screen appears.
9. Press the "next" button until you arrive at the "Bluetooth Status" screen (5-6 screens in)
10. Click "Updt PR" and then click "Yes"
11. Reboot the Nuvi, delete the existing bluetooth pairing, and attempt to re-pair with your BlackBerry.
Seems to work perfectly now -- please let me know if you have any questions. Good luck!
Posted on Feb 21, 2009
I left the Garmin in passive mode and had just the phone do a search for new bluetooth devices and it worked fine. So my advice is , if the Garmin instructions don't work, try this method.
Posted on Apr 02, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 23, 2014 | Garmin StreetPilot 2820 GPS
May 29, 2011 | Garmin nuvi 255W GPS Receiver
May 18, 2011 | Garmin nuvi 255W GPS Receiver
Sep 04, 2009 | Garmin iQue 3600 GPS Receiver
Nov 25, 2008 | Garmin Nuvi 660 GPS Receiver
May 22, 2008 | Garmin eTrex Venture Cx GPS Receiver
Jan 07, 2008 | Garmin StreetPilot c550 GPS Receiver
Nov 03, 2007 | Garmin StreetPilot c550 GPS Receiver
Oct 15, 2010 | Garmin StreetPilot 2820 GPS
Jun 17, 2009 | Garmin StreetPilot 2820 GPS
177 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: