Question about Philips 60PP9202 60" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready Television
My screen looks like 3D because the colors are offset. You cant read any words on the tv.
I posted this in an eariler solution and there are many references to your type of problem on Fixya.com, however it fits in this case, so here it is:
This denotes a convergence problem. Believe it or not it would be cheaper for you to replace the two convergence amplifiers and the biasing resistors. You would not actually be replacing the convergence board since these devices are usually located on the deflection board in most cases. However in answer to your question, the boards are easily removed, depending on your level of patience (lots of cables to move around), I would also advise you to either mark down all of the connection you will remove, or take pictures of the board and its connectors. If you choose to just replace the Amplifiers and the biasing resistors there is a lot of information on this site on how to do so: This will get you started:
1) Unplug the TV and then get a schematic of the TV I use http://www.servicemanuals.net or http://www.manualsparadise.com
2) On the schematic locate the STK392-xxx series IC packs (usually attached to a large heat sink)
3) determine if the STK392s are 110, 120 or 150.
4) if the STK392-xxx's are 110s replace with 110s (forget that upgrade stuff it is a hit or miss game that I don't believe you want to get into), if they are 120s replace with 120s and so on.
5)Now to replace the STKs: remove the module from the TV and unsolder theold STKs along with the bias resistors, and replace them with the newones (be sure to apply heat sink paste to the STKs when attaching them to the heatsink)
6) make sure there are no short circuits form your soldering job.
7) Reinstall the module and then turn on the TV.
8) do manual adjustment and the auto-convergence test and then things should be back to normal.
I hope this helps
Posted on Feb 25, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 02, 2011 | Toshiba 50H71 50" Rear Projection...
Jan 14, 2011 | Hitachi 51F500 51" Rear Projection...
Aug 13, 2010 | Projection Televisions
May 31, 2010 | Sony KP-57WS500 57" Rear Projection...
May 20, 2010 | Philips 51PW9363 51" Rear Projection...
May 23, 2010 | Pioneer SD-533HD5 53" Rear Projection HDTV
Mar 06, 2010 | Toshiba TN55X81 55" Rear Projection...
Feb 01, 2010 | Philips 60PP9202 60" Rear Projection...
Nov 28, 2009 | Marantz PV-6071 60 in. Rear Projection...
Jun 20, 2014 | Philips 60PP9202 60" Rear Projection...
55 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!