Question about Whirlpool Cabrio WTW6600SBT Top Load Washer
LF flashes when the water level does not change for a period of time after the valves are turned on OR water has disengaged
the basket but control does not detect a water level change.
• Is water supply connected and turned on?
• Are hose screens plugged?
• Is water entering the tub? If so check pressure hose connection to machine/motor control
Posted on Feb 24, 2009
SOURCE: Lf what does it mean?
LF = Long Fill
Is water supply connection turned on.
Are hose screens plugged? ( these are inside the inlet on the machine where the hoses connect )
Is water entering the tub? If so, check the pressure hose connection to the machine/motor control. This is the main control unit. There is a service manual inside the machine. If you open the top of the unit with a screw driver in the front, the manual should be on the inside of the front panel.
Posted on Dec 15, 2007
SOURCE: LF Error Code
How is the water filling? Slower than it should?LF (long fill) Start by removing the hot & cold hoses off the back of washer ,now look inside the valve for clogged screens,if they are clogged ,clean them.If problem continues replace the water valve.
Posted on May 26, 2008
SOURCE: what does the code LF mean?
LF Error code: LF stands for long fill and occurs when the water level does not change for a period of time after the valves are turned on.
All washers are designed to operate with a water supply pressure of 20-100 PSI. When the pressure drops below 20 PSI the washer can have the following problems:
* Slow Fill- low water pressure reduces the speed at which water flows into the machine.
o Verify the pressure at all other water sources in the house (i.e. sinks, showers, etc..). If you find other places where the pressure is low, the problem is not with the machine but with the water supply.
* Continuous Fill- The valve may not fully seat under 20 PSI which would allow for a constant flow even when the machine is not supposed to be filling.
o Contact the water company to verify the pressure being supplied to the house.
* dispenser- Needs a minimum amount of pressure to function. May dispense constantly, at the wrong time, or not at all.
o A plumber may need to be consulted if the pressure is found to be too low.
Things you can check :
* Are the Hot and Cold water faucets turned on
* Are the water hoses kinked
o Make sure all the hose are straight and able to flow water
* Are the screen inside the water valve plugged
o Inlet valve should be free of debris and rust.
o Turn off water and remove the inlet hoses from washer.
o Remove any accumulated film or particles.
o Assure rubber washers are in the end of each inlet hose.
o Reinstall hoses, turn on water and check for leaks.
Error codes can be caused by a Power Surge or other electrical anomaly,attempt to return the washer to operation by following the Hard Reset procedure below.
1. Unplug or turn the circuit breaker off for 30 seconds.
2. Reconnect the unit to the power source by turning the breaker back on or plugging the unit back into the wall outlet.
3. Press the Pause/Cancel/Stop button twice to clear the display.
4. Start a short cycle to check the operation of the machine by selecting a cycle and pressing and holding the start button until the machine starts
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question.
Posted on Sep 11, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 25, 2016 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
Jul 16, 2016 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
May 10, 2015 | Maytag Washing Machines
Feb 15, 2015 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Jan 29, 2011 | Maytag Bravos 3.8 Cu. Ft. Washer
Jun 03, 2010 | Kenmore 24032\24036 Top Load Washer
Jan 19, 2010 | Maytag Bravos 4.5 Cu. Ft. Washer
Oct 25, 2009 | Whirlpool Cabrio WTW6600SBT Top Load...
523 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!