Astonishingly, assignment of announcement to phone line is not documented in the user manual. Tech support was totally worthless concerning this issue. I had to discover it by trial and error. To assign an announcement to a specific phone line do the following:
1) Record your announcement message for a, b, c, ao, etc. as documented
2) Press program
3) Keep pressing the feature button until ANNC appear at the bottom of screen, line 1 appears at the top, and the letter 'a' appears in the middle.
4) Choose the announcement to be assigned to Line 1 by pressing the select button
5) Press the feature button again. Line 2 appears in the display.
6) Repeat step 4 to select the announcement to be assigned to Line 2.
7) Press program button, or take phone off-hook to end the sequence.
Shame on AT&T for such shoddy documentation, and lack of support for their products!
Nov 09, 2007 |
Lucent 1872 Corded Phone