Question about ASUS P5W DH Deluxe Motherboard
I have recently built a computer with the spec below. I have built other computers before and never had a problem.
Asus P5q3 Wifi MB
q9550 Intel quad core @ 3.2ghz
Asus Arctic square CPU cooler
2x OCZ 2GB Ram @ 1333mhz (i think)
1GB Radeon 4870 Graphics card
1000wtt PSU (reputable make - can't remember its name)
Windows vista 64bit OS
Currently installed softwares - Adobe photo suite CS3, Asus MB utilities, Sling media, Mozill Firefox, Veo web player.
I usually build computers for friends and family - never had any problem, this one was for myself. Unfortunately i have not got it to work probably.
My problem is that after windows load up it crashes after few minutes of usuage - this is without opening any programs or games. Sometimes the computer freezes before it has actually loaded up.
I have not added any new hardware, software or drivers. Below are some of the things i have done to find the problem.
1) I have replaced the graphics card with the above spec (Prior to this I had a Radeon 512 and 1gb graphics card) - thinking the Graphics card may be overheating and has its day.
2) I have replaced thge PSU - thinking it might not be giving enough power (prior to the replacement i had the galaxy 100watt psu)
3) I have tried to clear out the CMOS just incase I have overclocked too much by mistake
4) I have also tried to run it in safe mode to disable some of the services - it has crashed then also.
5) I have also reinstalled and reinstalled over again and again with minimum hardware and software.
6) Cannot remember but i think i have actually replaced the MB also from gigabyte.
As you can see guys I have tried many things but I cannot still seem to resolve the problem. From the above spec you can also see that i do not have anything much installed on it.
The following were my further thoughts on what could be the possible issue.
1) CPU over overheating hence the continuous beep
2) Windows vista 64bit bit is simply useless
I can;t think of else, please could some share their knowledge in how to fix this - I have spent a lot of money on this PC and have not been able to break its virginity properly yet.
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 22, 2012 | ASUS SiS Chipset CUSI-M Motherboard
Feb 14, 2011 | Gigabyte GA-945P-S3 Motherboard
Sep 25, 2010 | Motherboards
Aug 23, 2010 | Foxconn 45CMX socket LGA775 motherboard...
Apr 06, 2010 | ASUS M4A79 Deluxe Motherboard
Jul 07, 2009 | Gigabyte GA-M55plus-S3G Motherboard
Apr 08, 2009 | Compaq Presario 1200,1600, Series CD...
Jan 20, 2008 | ASUS P4PE-X Motherboard
461 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: