Question about Mitsubishi WD-62525 62" Rear Projection HDTV
I am having a similar problem with the red light in front, I got a new lamp installed and the TV wont work, I opened the TV and I see that when I turn on the TV the ballast sends the current to the lamp for 3 seconds then shuts down, lamps is turned on for 3 seconds; it seems like if after the 3 seconds the lamp start to get more current and then shuts down. It does this process 3 times and then I get a red light.
Here is what I have tried
1) I have checked the capacitors to see if there is leakage or abnormality (None)
2) I have measure the test points (Little Tabs) on the power supply board (All voltages ok) voltages on 3 tabs had o be checked when TV was turning on, otherwise will show very low voltage. “Tabs 5v, 12v, 3.3v.” Tab 5v showed .8v (when TV was plugged but turned off) tabs 12v, 3.3 showed 0v.
3) I have checked the current on the j9 cable (all voltages ok) same thing voltage had to be checked when TV as turning on otherwise 0 voltage
4) I have tested the lamp (OK)
5) I have checked the current on the cable that goes to the ballast (ok 345v)
6) I have made a major inspection of the unit all cables connected
I want to know if the problem might still be the capacitors so i can buy them and change them
or if the problem is something like the light engine or the ballast card
This TV when is working gives me great picture and I want to fix it.
Any help, advice is appreciated
Check all fans incuding the one on the cage of the lamp. if they spin when you turn the set on then they are ok. the color wheel needs replaced. if you can't replace the color wheel then order the optical engine.
Posted on May 19, 2010
I had the same problem with my 52". I had the error code of 34(lamp abnormal). I put a lamp in that I knew was good and changed the ballast with one that I knew was good and had 8 caps replaced on the power board(they where not puffed but did them anyways) and still nothing. light came on for 3 seconds and went off again and tv shut down with a red status light. I did some reading on other web sites and found that if the color wheel is bad the tv will not work. I found a light engine on ebay for a 100 bucks used and installed that and now it works perfect.
Posted on Feb 28, 2009
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 03, 2012 | Mitsubishi Televison & Video
Jul 15, 2010 | Mitsubishi WD-62525 62" Rear Projection...
May 09, 2010 | Mitsubishi WD-62525 62" Rear Projection...
Mar 30, 2010 | Mitsubishi WD-62525 62" Rear Projection...
Nov 22, 2009 | Mitsubishi WD-62525 62" Rear Projection...
Sep 17, 2009 | Mitsubishi WD-62525 62" Rear Projection...
Jul 12, 2009 | Mitsubishi WD-62525 62" Rear Projection...
Sep 02, 2008 | Mitsubishi WD-62525 62" Rear Projection...
728 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!