Re: my son locked his tv we don't know how to unlock it
I can't find my owners manual on my Polaroid tv--but while working with the remote--pressed menu and scanned over to parental controls and mine takes a password. Maybe that is what is wrong with yours--Duh on my part-but hope this might help you.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
hi did you get any solutions to this? I have the exact same problem....also before your son gets into trouble for button bashing i dont think it has anything to do with that, as my tv just did it whilst i was in the middle of watching something :) please let me know x
The same thing happened to me. The manual on polaroid.com says to press and hold the F button (located at the top of the remote) and press the mute button at the same time. This will unlock as well as lock the TV. It's a child safety feature.
I have a GE 13TVR62 (with a problem listed here). I've learned that the Parental Lock Settings are changed by using the Remote Control. Usually the actual Settings are changed by pressing the Up or Down or Left or Right Arrows to make the Change; while the Parental Lock is Highlighted on the Menu.
* If you have a blank screen with a red key on the bottom left, simply press the (function or F) button and the mute button at the same time. This will unlock the screen and allow you to view the channel as desired.
* If your TV asks for a 4-digit code or password please enter 3308 or 6688 to unlock the screen or reset any preset rating levels.
* If you have a GT2011J or GT2011S Television, hold the (Display) button for 10 seconds, it will unlock the screen. If password or code is requested, try 3308 or 6688.
One of the above methods should get you past the lock. If so, I would take the opportunity to disable the lock in the TV's menu so this doesn't happen again.
If this still doesn't work, you can call Apex Customer Support at (800)880-1227.