Question about Amana 3.2 cu. ft. Top-Load Washer
Dont know how to put belt back on it was shreded when came off
I have a similar amana top load washer and just changed the belt. Here are the steps I used to change the belt:
1) Unplug the washer
2) Slide the washer away from the wall about 12"
3) Remove two screws from the bottom of the front panel, slide the front panel down (there are 2 metal tabs that slide into slots on the top of the front panel - observe how they slide into/out of the slots). Set the panel aside.
4) Remove the electrical connector (upper left of motor). Press down on the top of the plastic connector - this will undo the catch hook holding the connection in place). Observe how the belt is routed before proceeding.
5) Remove 4 bolts holding the motor in place. You can remove the motor - even with the water pump and hoses in place - they will flex.
6) Remove the water pump from the motor. There are 3 torx - head screws to remove. Note: You will need a star shaped (torx) head driver (Looks like a screwdriver but with a "star" head on it. The one I used measured just under 3/16 in diameter.
7) carefully remove the water pump. - remove the old belt from main pulley under washer drum and also from the water pump. Insert the new belt - be sure to put the tension pulley on the outside of the belt.
8) Reinstall the water pump to the motor. Reinstall the motor. Route the belt correctly in the water pump body area first - them slide the belt around the left side of the main drum pulley - rotate the pulley counter-clockwise and the pulley will tug the belt onto the pulley. Once in place - check bolts and belt - then reattach the electrical connector (remember to press the plastic lever on top of the plastic connector before sliding it in place). Reattach front panel - slide the top of the panel onto the metal tabs - then attach screws at the bottom.
Posted on Feb 28, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 09, 2010 | Amana Washing Machines
Mar 17, 2010 | Amana DLW330RA Top Load Washer
Aug 29, 2009 | Amana DLW231RA Top Load Washer
Aug 11, 2009 | Amana NAV8805EWW 3.3 Cu. Ft. Elustra Tub...
Feb 10, 2009 | Amana 3.2 cu. ft. Top-Load Washer
Nov 02, 2008 | Amana ALW480DA Top Load Washer
Sep 11, 2008 | Amana Washing Machines
May 14, 2008 | Amana NAV5800A Top Load Washer
845 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!