An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 50 answers of more than 400 characters.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
Re: cd stuck, discread on display
If you can access the in-line fuse on the constant 12+ volt lead that powers the units memory. Remove that fuse and wait 5 min. then replace it. This should reset the unit, allowing you to eject the CD.
Note: If the anti-theft code has been enabled, you will need to input that code in order to operate the unit.
If the CD still does not eject, it may be jammed/binded up. thus requiring dis-assembly.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If you have a cd or two stuck in your Bose wave radio, here's how to remove it and save yourself $99. This procedure is for the radio (model AWRCC1 or similar) with a single front loading cd slot.
1. First unplug the power, wait a minute, and then replug power, watching the front display.
2. The display will read "Ejecting". If the cd ejects, then you're done and can skip Part II. If it doesn't eject and/or it displays "Disk error" then you'll need to do the Part II steps.
1. Unplug the power cord.
2. Turn the radio upside down with the front facing you.
3. Remove the 5 screws from the bottom plate.
4. Hinge the front of the bottom plate up no more than 2". Don't overdo this or you'll damage various ribbon cables inside. Use extra hands or a prop to keep it open this amount.
5. Reach inside and tilt-up the front of cd player's metal housing just enough to access the rims of the cd(s) within the space created in step 4.
6. Pinch the rim(s) of the cd(s) and gently pull it/them out.
7. Reverse these steps to reassemble your radio.
TRY TURNING OFF CD PLAYER.WAIT 10 MINUTES THEN TURN CD PLAYER BACK ON THEN PRESS THE EJECT BUTTON.SOME TIMES CDS PLAYERS GET HOT WHEN PLAYED FOR A LONG PERIOD OF TIME.MY CDS SEEMS GET STUCK WHEN I PLAY CD PLAYER LONG TIME.SOMETIMES IF CD DONT COME OUT .IF IT STICKING OUT JUST A LITTLE.TRY PUSHING BACK IN CD PLAYER THEN EJECT IT.THIS TRICK WORKS SOME TIMES.
I have the same exact problem:2001 Landcruiser will not play dvd/cd. It gets stuck. Display of dvd error shows. DVD can not eject. Please let me know if you got it to eject. I tried disconnect/connect the battery for full 5 minutes but did not help.
When you press Eject CD button, do you see CD display blinks as if its preparing to be ejected? If its true then eject switch is working and cd mechanism is stuck, requires service. Also check loading belt in mechanism. And if unit shows no response on pressing CD Eject button then switch is bad, replace it.
please observe when you push the eject button display applys the open or eject cd?.if yes something wrong with your mechanisum.it has several microswitches and bad contact of them occur this type problem.sometime loading mechanisum stuck because of loose belts.open the cover of your cd player and check cairfully.
come back with results.