Question about iRobot Roomba 530 Robotic Vacuum
The cleaner is moving around the room in the usual manner but not picking up much. The dirt compartment is empty and only dirt i see is on the lower side of the filter. It ran for a hour but did nothing. I cleaned the brushes changed the filter, still same result I am having the same problem -I completely dismantled and cleaned everything - it runs great except for the fact it isn't picking up dirt :-
I had the exact same problem.
In my cases, cleaning the little yellow things on the end is what fixed it.
This is what I got from irobot:
We apologize for the inconvenience. Here are a few things that you can try to resolve this issue:
1. Remove and empty the Roomba's dust bin.
2. Turn the Roomba on its back, remove the brush guard, and remove the main brush.
3. Reinstall the brush guard and run the Roomba without the main brush or dust bin. Is the flexible brush turning? If yes, go to step 4. If not, please skip to step 9.
4. Inspect the main brush to ensure it is clean and not bent. Verify that the main bristle brush has a larger end cap on each end. When you perform maintenance, you will need to remove the end cap from the brush. When the brush is clean, please return the end cap to its location.
5. Verify that the main brush and flexible brush each have a yellow bearing on one end. If either yellow bearing is missing, your brushes will not turn properly. This can potentially damage the Roomba. Please respond with this information so that we can send you new brush bearings.
6. Inspect the yellow bearings on the two brushes and ensure they turn easily with your fingers. Remove the yellow bearings and clean any dirt accumulated in the bearing cups.
7. Ensure that the brush sockets (on the opposite side of where the bearings fit) are square, and not stripped or worn out in any way.
8. Reinstall the main brush and brush guard on the Roomba. Run the robot without the dust bin. Is the main brush turning? If not, please skip to the bottom to provide the requested information.
9. Remove the flexible brush and reinstall the brush guard.
10. Run the Roomba without the dust bin and listen for the Cleaning Head gearbox running. Do you hear the gears turning? If not, do you hear any noise at all? If the noise from the Cleaning Head sounds abnormal or you cannot hear it, please skip to the bottom to provide us with the requested information.
If you do hear the noise, reassemble your robot and run it again. The issue should be corrected.
** NOTE: Excessive build up of hair in Roomba's brushes and bearings can permanently damage Roomba. Inspect brush bearings regularly.
Title: Cleaning the Main Brushes
If the issue persists, please tell us which brush is not operating properly and also respond with the following information for our verification process:
• Your complete name and shipping address
• Your Roomba's product code. The product code is located under the dust bin near the brush assembly.
• The original date and location that the Roomba was purchased
Title: Where can I find the serial number/product code for my robot?
Posted on May 30, 2009
Try to replace the filter, that should work.
Posted on Mar 12, 2009
SOURCE: IRobot not picking up dirt
this link fixed my prob :
and just in case the link doesn't work, basically, you have to take out the whole red brush-head assembly unit by unscrewing the 4 screw screws that hold in down in either corner; then find the side of the unit that has the gearing inputs, and unscrew all the screws until you get inside and clean out all the hair...
That should do it :)
Posted on Nov 29, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 23, 2015 | iRobot Roomba 560 Robotic Vacuum
Jun 16, 2014 | iRobot Roomba 560 Robotic Vacuum
Sep 22, 2012 | iRobot Roomba 530 Robotic Vacuum
Apr 01, 2011 | iRobot Roomba Discovery SE Bagless Robotic...
Apr 19, 2010 | iRobot Roomba 560 Robotic Vacuum
Apr 11, 2010 | Roomba Robotic Floor Bagless Vacuum
Jun 02, 2009 | Roomba Robotic Floor Bagless Vacuum
Jan 02, 2009 | iRobot 5800 Scooba Vacuum
Feb 02, 2008 | iRobot Roomba Discovery SE Bagless Robotic...
1,848 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: