try this steps
installing Sigmatel* or Realtek* audio drivers (either from the Express
Installer CD or using the latest driver download available from the web), the
installation may fail with either of the following error messages:
Device Object not present, restart
the system and run setup again.
The system does not support the
driver you are attempting to install.
The Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) High
Definition Audio class driver for Windows* may be corrupted or causing problems
with the audio driver installation.
To resolve this, try the following:
1. Click Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs.
2. Look for the following two items: Realtek* High Definition
Audio Driver and High Definition Audio driver Package - KB888111.
3. If these items are listed in Add/Remove programs, remove them.
4. Restart Windows.
5. Download the latest audio driver for your desktop board
from Download Center.
6. Double-click the filename to extract the files.
7. Go to the folder where the files have been extracted and browse
to the \HDAQFE\xpsp2\us\ folder or the \MSHDQFE\Win2K_XP\us\ folder.
(The name of this folder depends on your desktop board model.)
8. Double-click the file kb888111xpsp2.exe to install
the High Definition Audio Driver Package.
9. Restart Windows.
10. Install the audio driver.
May 15, 2008 |
Edirol UA-4FX External Sound System