Question about Maytag Washing Machines
I have a Maytag LSG 1000 and water when filling is pouring out of the injector sleeve bracket and onto the floor. What is the problem and how can we fix it?
SOURCE: cabrio drains water onto floor.
I took the back cover off of the machine and found that the drain pump had a hole in it. The hole was caused by a coin that had made it's way down to the drain pump. The replacement pump cost $90.00 and was very easy to put in. If you google the words cabrio tear down you will come across a web site that has a video that shows you how to take the pump out. I have not had any leaks since. Keep the coins out of the washer, remeber to check your pockets to avoid paying out cash.
Posted on Jun 12, 2009
Ether the washer is over filling or has warn out the seals. If it has been abused (overloaded) it needs serious work. other wise the sensor may be stuck. Try 1/2 cup of vinegar with a load and see if that cleans the sensor travel area past the drum but inside the tub. This is a common problem for an old machine. Best leak is on the door and you may be able to tighten the screws but be careful it could mis aligne it so tighten a small amount and test by closeing the door. Do this at least twice before turning the screws hard.
Posted on Aug 17, 2009
if this part is about 2 1/2" long and black rubber and has a white plastic tube inside it, yes it is necessary and do not take it out. the rubber is probably getting thin and causing the leak. they are not expensive parts and should be replaced. can do yourself.
Posted on Nov 13, 2009
You can check the lid switches (they are paired) the following way:
1) take off the front and top washer housing panels.
2) look for the wire bundle coming off the lid switch and find the plastic pull apart connector.
3) undo the connector.
4) take an Ohm meter and check the resistance when the lid is closed: a) orange and black wires should complete a circuit, orange and pink should also complete a cicruit, all other pairs shold be "open".
5) check the resistance when the lid is open: orange and white should make a circuit, but no other pairs.
6) replace the defective switch, or replace the complete unit.
7) check the 250V 1A fuse in the left front, replace it if it has blown.
Posted on Dec 15, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 06, 2016 | Maytag Washing Machines
Apr 10, 2011 | Maytag LSG7806A Front Load Stacked Washer...
Nov 12, 2009 | Maytag Washing Machines
Sep 29, 2009 | Washing Machines
Mar 10, 2009 | Maytag LSE7806A Top Load Stacked...
Mar 02, 2009 | Washing Machines
Dec 20, 2008 | Maytag Washing Machines
134 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!