Try purchasing a new SD memory card (brand name) and installing the files there. Sometimes the manufacture sends cheap SD cards and the data is easily lost in damaged or poorly made SD cards. I have a EVESHAM 2007 and installed the files from the original CDto a new SD card and solved freezing and other problems resulting from poor data transmission from the cheap SD.
Also, try going online to the manufactureer's web site to see if they have downloads/ updates available there to replace the origianl install files that came with the unit. Always put on new brand new SD card.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The unit isn't frozen. If you tap the power button you will hear it beep and change screens. What has happened is your touchscreen has failed. This is a common problem. Your touchscreen needs replaced. If you want some troubleshooting info, please see this link. There is just too much info to retype here:
This is not caused by an update. Please check your unit's serial # to see if it starts with a "12P", "14V" or "143". If so, these units have a specific touchscreen that can fail even without physical damage to the glass or screen. The only way to resolve it is to replace the touchscreen & glass. You will not lose any of your data. The unit is not frozen and you can verify it by quickly pressing the on/off button. If you hear a beep, it's not locked up. You touchscreen has failed and won't accept any input. Please see this link:
Are you having any other trouble with the map -- weird display or stuff missing or error messages?
I ask because the data that should be appearing is part of the map database and I'm beginning to suspect corrupt files.
Did you recently update your firmware? Manually, or using [shudder] web updater Check
to see if your maps are checked off. Go to settings, Map, then press
Map Info at the bottom of the screen. Make sure City Navigator North
America NT v8 has a check mark on it.
Click on the wrench symbol, then the map icon and then "map info". Make
sure your map is checked. If it's not, then your map is off. When its
off you wont find anything.
if that doesnt help follow the below procedures...
1. Connect your GPS to a USB port on the computer.
2. Save the attached file to the Desktop and rename to “Super Ultimate Nuvi fix.zip”
3. (Unzipping the file) Right-click on the Super Ultimate Nuvi
Fix.zip and choose “Open With” and click “Compressed (zipped) Folders”.
4. Drag both files (Map Fix.bat and driveletter.vbs) to the Desktop.
5. Close that window.
6. Double-click on the garmin_rmu_cnnant2010C.exe file and wait for it to extract.
7. When you see the "Welcome to the Garmin Map Update." screen, DON'T click next, Instead, double-click on the Map Fix.bat file.
8. Press Enter and wait for the program to prompt for information.
9. Enter “006-D0322-05” (without the quotes) and press Enter.
10. Press Enter.
11. Click Next on the "Welcome to the Garmin Map Update." screen.
12. When it is done building the map image, click Exit.
13. Press Enter. This will start copying the gmapprom.img file over to the nüvi. It will take 45 - 60 minutes to copy over.
14. When it says "The mapping on your device has now been updated." press Enter to close the window.
The desired map region should now be on your GPS.
if that doesnt help you will have to do a hard reset of ur unit....
Try resetting the I5. Hold the left button, the wheel button and the power button down at the same time. Keep holding until the screen say that " Do you really want to erase all user data?" Select Yes and then restart the I5.
I am having this same problem. My Magellan was frozen on an old route. I had to completely reset it. This deleted all of my old saved information. Since I did this, it has been mapping correctly, but there is no audio. The volume is turned all the way up. Can you help me fix this problem?