Question about Onkyo HT-SR800 System
When I listen a movie, with the sound over 45, if a sudden sound (like bullet, or a big "bang") arrive, my receiver shot down. What could cause this? It just a new problem. before it was working ok...
thanks for the help!
The reason why your receiver is going in protect is because there is a short circuit happening. This would either be on your speaker wires, speakers or receiver itself. What you want to do to check would be:
1. Unhook all sources and speakers from your receiver.
2. Turn on your receiver and crank up the volume to maximum, if your receiver does not shutdown or go on protect then the receiver is OK. If it does shutdown and go on protect then its an internal problem on the receiver and you would need to send that over to an authorized service center.
3. Hook up a source and 1 speaker. Play something from the source or the fm tuner, Crank Up the volume to about 46 or 47 volume. If the receiver does not shutdown, its good.
4. Hook up a second speaker and repeat the process until you encounter the pop and shut down
if for example you encounter the pop on the 4th speaker, try changing the speaker wires.
5. If the receiver still shuts down then it would be a short on the speaker itself and it would need to go to an authorized service center.
Posted on Mar 03, 2009
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 18, 2013 | Burris Signature Select 8-32x44mm PA...
Dec 06, 2011 | Audio Players & Recorders
Sep 15, 2010 | Sport & Outdoor - Others
May 02, 2010 | Bosch 24 in. SHU66C02 / SHU66C06 Built-in...
Mar 27, 2010 | Bosch AquaStar 2400ES-NG
Sep 30, 2009 | Washing Machines
Jul 22, 2009 | Audio Players & Recorders
Apr 09, 2009 | Onkyo TX-SR803 Receiver
Sep 30, 2008 | Onkyo HT-SR800 System
198 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: