So my kid buys a ps3 get it home won't play the game he bought with ... so we thought maybe its the game well 3 games later still won't work . walmart will not take it back due to the fact that the serial numbers on the box and consol don't match .... any ideas??
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
An expert that has over 10 points.
An expert whose answer got voted for 2 times.
Re: Doesn't play disks
Did he buy it brand new from walmart...does he still have the receipt..it will say the serial #on it..if so (call first and speak to the main supervisor on duty tell him the issue i dont know how the serial # wouldnt match unless he bought it used from someone else
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Is the game that you are trying to play on a burnt or home made disk? If so, that may be your problem. If it is a regular store bought disk and it can't recognize the game then its a different situation and I would suggest purchasing a disk cleaner instead. There is probably dirt on sensor that needs to be cleaned.
Check for any defects on the disk, if you just bought it return it to the store you bought it from and ask for a replacement. or find a place where you can test it on another machine this will determine if your machine or the game is at fault.
check the disk if it's original.If it's an original then check the disk if it is NTSC(USA) or PAL(UK) if your ps3 is a NTSC but you bought a PAL cd then have it exchange at the shop where you bought it.Hope's thi helps
im not sure of that.have you tried putting your ps3 system in a more well ventilated area?also maybe you have mistakenly covered the vents with an object(also check this out).make sure you have not been playing the used game you bought too long too make the system overheat and also try playing your former games to see if the problem persists.
This sounds a similar problem what I had. My PS3 did not start the disk based games.
Those disk based games were not visible in the game menu.
I did not
have problems with the normal movie DVDs or Movie Blu Rays. Those were
working fine. Also downloaded games were working ok.
In case you have the similar problem, you should try the following steps;
The PS3 has a special Recovery Menu, which you can access in the following way;:
1. Turn off Playstation 3. 2. Hold the power button down; the system will turn on and turn off once again. 3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps 4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button. 5. You will be prompted to plug in your controller via USB and then hit the PS button 6. The Recovery menu will pop up.
The current Recovery Menu supports:
• Restart System: Restarts the PLAYSTATION 3 System.
• Restore Default Settings: Reset all system settings back to default.
• Restore File System: Checks for corrupt/missing system files.
• Rebuild Database: Rebuilds the OS for the PLAYSTATION 3.
• Restore PS3 System: Fresh restore; Deletes everything and starts from Scratch.
• System Update: Update the PLAYSTATION 3 System
Select option "Rebuild Database".
PS3 has executed the DB rebuilding operation, the disc games will be
visible again in the menu and are starting automatically when inserted