- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
sound when the start up the Compaq laptop is disabled ... it is depend on the operating system of the laptop. if you use operating system of the windows of the trial version or the pirated windows xp then it is comes.You purchase the original version of the windows xp or use other windows as vista ,premium..etc.
F11 process is not working and you get a NTLDR missing when you turnon the notebook.
Steps to be performed: 1. Perform hard drive self test from BIOS. 2. If it is passed then use retail version of operating system disk to install XP or try using new recovery disks which nay cost you $15.00.
In your notebook model this issue appears if there is any issue with the hard drive.
you may try:
1) check the battery alarm at windows power managment, to set 5-10% alarm level.
2) discharge the battery to the empty then charge longer time, you need monitoring how long it charged (see charge lights change), need to change new one if charging time much less then before(less then 10-20 minutes)..
3) plug-in AC adapter monitoring charging current,
this step you need a current meter to make a series connection in the circuite, the battery is over life cycle if the current less then 500mA.