Question about Canon PIXMA iP1600 Printer
I just replaced the black ink cartridge careful to leave the empty color one in there. I keep getting error messages. It just will not print. Now I am afraid that I have changed some settings or something and I need help to know what each setting should be. I cannot find my installation CD.
Thank-you. Diane Endreas
You can try this it some times works.
Super Canon User's method of resetting IP1600
1.Press Resume button hold for 1 - 2 minutes (count to 1 to 15-16)
2.Open the cover right away
3.Release Both cartridges out and then put cartridges them back again
4.Close The Cover
5.Turn Off Then Turn On again.
You can download the Resetter tools program from my website.
Click Link = http://www.4all2sell.com/reset-tools/ip1600st-RESETTER-TOOLS.zip
1. Download software for Canon iP1200, iP1600, 2200 Printers.
2. Unzip downloaded file by etc
3. Run GeneralTool.exe
4. Select the connected USB port number from USB PORT
5. Click LOCK RELEASE, and select the applicable model name in SET DESTINATION
6. In CLEAR WASTE INK COUNTER, select MAIN or PLATEN. The selected waste ink counter will be reset. MAIN resets the main waste ink counter, PLATEN resets the platen waste ink counter.
If both the main and platen waste ink absorbers are replaced, reset both the main and platen waste ink counters.
Free WinZip http://www.winzip.com/downwz.htm
Please call back to vote
All the best: Pineworks
Posted on Feb 27, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 15, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP620 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 19, 2010 | Canon PIXMA iP1700 InkJet Photo Printer
Feb 18, 2010 | Canon PIXMA iP4300 InkJet Photo Printer
Jan 02, 2010 | Canon PIXMA iP1600 Printer
Nov 24, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP210 Photo All-In-One Printer
Nov 23, 2009 | Canon Pixma MP800 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 09, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MX310 All-In-One Printer
Jan 05, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP470 All-in-One Printer
Dec 17, 2007 | Canon PIXMA iP1600 Printer
179 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!