Hello, I have a Linksys Router model No. WRT 160N and have problems with the wireless signal. Doesn't appear the wireless symbol ON and I have connected already the modem cable. The modem is OK cuz I can...
* NOTE: If you tried to set-up the WRT-160N Router previously, but failed, with the Router ON, press the "Reset" button on the back panel and hold it down for 10 seconds, then release. This will reset the Router to factory settings and erase all previous data.
Then do this
1. Hook up the Linksys WRT-160N Router to the modem(cable, DSL or satelitte)
2. Hook up the Linksys WRT-160N Router to your computer via a LAN cable with the LAN cable in Port #1 on the Linksys WRT-160N Router.
3. Type http://192.168.1.1 in the address bar of your web browser.
4. Log-on to the Linksys WRT-160N Router with these log-on credentials:
Username: linksys (lower-case)
Password: admin (lower-case)
5. Click on the "Clone PC MAC Address" tab.
6. Click the "Clone PC MAC Address" button.
7. Click "Save", click "Continue".
8. Click the "Wireless Security" tab.
9. Choose "WPA2 Personal - TKIP/AES" for encrypted security.
10. Enter encryption password (passphrase).
11. Click "Save", click "Continue".
12. Exit the web browser.
13. Disconnect the LAN cable from the computer and Port #1 on the Linksys WRT-160N Router.
In about 5 seconds, your wireless connection should be up and running.
Sep 15, 2010 |
Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router