Question about Brother HL-4070CDW Printer
I recently bought a Brother 4070 cdw and the print quality is terrible because the red toner casts a shadow across the page, especially if one is printing areas that have grey shading. It automatically dumps red into the grey, and the amount of leakage increases from the left side of the page to the right. Does anyone have ideas to fix this? I hear that Brother's tech assistance department is slow to respond and that they will not take the product back after 30 days. So I am afraid I am stuck with a lemon.
Might it be a bad toner cartridge? Any advice would be appreciated.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Print quality bad
To clear white vertical lines from printed documents follow the steps listed below:
NOTE: The use of non-Brother or generic toner may cause white vertical lines.
Brother strongly recommends that customers do not use generic drum units and/or toner cartridges, or refill their Brother toner cartridge. Each Brother laser printer is designed to work at pre-set temperatures that are matched exactly to each of our individual toner formulations. Each individual component is designed to work with the other to ensure quality and reliability. Using non-Brother supplies may affect the hardware performance, print quality and machine reliability.
The Brotherlimited warranty does not apply to any problem that is caused by the useof unauthorized third party drum units, toner cartridges or toner.
1. First, power OFF the unit for safety. The ON/OFF switch is located on the left, rear side of the unit.
2. Open the scanner cover by pulling the blue lever located below the control panel toward you and lifting the cover. Make sure the cover is completely open.
3. Remove the drum unit by holding each side of the drum by its handles and gently lifting the drum forward (toward) you.
4. Place the drum unit on a drop cloth or large piece of disposablepaper to avoid spilling and scattering the toner. Make sure thedirections and DR-250 stickers are facing you.
5. With the drum removed from the Brother machine, clean the laser glass. The laser glass is located inside the Brother machine where the drum was located. It is a piece of glass, about 1/2 inch wide and approximately 8 inches long, located on the bottom of the inside. Gently wipe the glass with a clean soft DRY cloth. DO NOT use isopropyl alcoholor any liquid to clean the glass.
6. Gently pull up on the mauve lever to turn the toner cartridge toward you until it stops. Remove the toner cartridge from the drum unit by gently sliding it out of the drum unit. ***Handle the toner cartridge carefully. If toner scatters on your hands or clothes, immediately wipe it off or wash it with cold water.
7. Gently rock the toner cartridge from side to side five or six times to distribute the toner evenly inside the cartridge. Then, reset the toner into the drum (be sure it clicks into place). Gently push on the mauve lever to turn the toner cartridge away from you until it stops.
8. With the DR-250 sticker facing you turn the drum upside down. There is a blue tab located on the right side. Slide the blue tab back and forth seven times to clean the corona wire. When finished, make sure the blue tab is locked to the right side of the drum.
9. Reset drum unit in Brother machine. Close the cover securely.
Print the help list to test the unit by pressing the REPORTS key located on the control panel and then (1) on the dial pad.
If the white vertical lines still continue, the drum unit will need to
If the purchase date of the original drum or replacement drum is less than 90 days (within the warranty of the drum), contact Brother Customer Service Center at 1-877-Brother (1-877-276-8437) . The center is open Monday-Friday, 9:00am to 7:00 pm EST, excluding holidays.
Posted on Dec 27, 2007
SOURCE: grey stripe on printed page
Hi please follow these small steps:
For complete information with pictures click on this link.
Please Let me know if it worked for you or not
Posted on Jun 09, 2008
SOURCE: My Brother 5040 laser printer
number one are you using brother oem drum and toner? generic toner will give you all kinds of problems,.. if the the paper is damp or has moisture in it it will give you weird printing , ghosting parts missing etc. good luck brother sr tech
Posted on Jan 24, 2009
The drum is a very sensitive part. Should not touch with bare hand, expose to light for long, etc. With what did you clean,it.
Posted on May 19, 2009
SOURCE: will not make connection to
You might not be on the wireless network or the printer might not be on the wireless netowrk. try connecting to it via a usb cable and see if that works. if so try reconfiguring the settings on it for your wireless network than try again. Also if you have the disk the printer came with you can uninstall the printer put back in the disk, reinstall the printer and it might do all that I am saying automatically.
Posted on Sep 12, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 15, 2011 | Brother DCP 7010 Multifunction Laser...
Sep 06, 2011 | Brother HL-4070CDW Printer
Jan 06, 2011 | Brother MFC-9840CDW Laser Printer
Aug 20, 2010 | Brother Office Equipment & Supplies
Mar 26, 2010 | Brother HL-4070CDW Printer
Dec 07, 2009 | Brother HL-4070CDW Printer
Oct 10, 2009 | Brother HL-4070CDW Printer
May 02, 2008 | Brother IntelliFAX 4100 Laser Fax
Mar 17, 2008 | Brother IntelliFAX 2800 Laser Fax
157 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!