Hello ak1979 ...
1. You're plugging in your Transend USB flash drive to your computer's USB port (as you've done many times successfully before with this SAME flash drive)?
2. It says "windows not recognise usb drive due to malfunction"?
a. Is that EXECTLY what the error says?
b. Is "it" an error dialog (window that pops up), or an error message from your Windows Event error logs? If a dialog, are there any pertinent error message entries in your Windows Event (System) log [Start > Run > type "eventvwr.msc" (without quotes), then "OK"]?
Try a bit of deductive troubleshooting:
- Restart (Reboot) your system [for a fresh start, if you will].
- Try plugging in your USB flash drive again, but in a DIFFERENT USB port.
- Try plugging in ANY OTHER "known good" USB device into the same USB port(s) used thus far that failed.
NOTE: If you EVER get any indication Windows recognizes the flash drive (like no error msg, or it shows in "My Computer"), IMMEDIATELY perform a "Check Disk" on it:
- Start > Run... > type "cmd" (without quotes), then "OK".
- Type "chkdsk DRIVE_LTR: /f" (without quotes), then hit "Enter" [where DRIVE_LTR is the drive letter of your USB drive]. EXAMPLE: chkdsk E: /f
Good luck, and please post back:
- to provide any corrections/updates/clarifications.
- if you have any further questions.
- to let me know how things work out.
"Today's the best day of my life...and NOW you're part of it!"