Question about GE Nautilus 24" Built-in Dishwasher
Had the same problem with a GE Nautilus 3400 series.
- In their manual, GE recommends not stacking tall dishes on the bottom right tray - this prevents the dishwashing powder from fully dissolving. Are you using the right detergent and rinse-agent ?
If your upper arm is not turning during wash (DW leaves residue on top-shelf items), do the following:
1) Empty the DW.
2) Pull down the rotating arm on the DW ceiling. Thoroughly clean the passageways (I had to tap it on the counter to break-down the sediments).
3) Inspect the mesh-screen filter located on the floor in the back - if it's backed up (ours was backed-up from the inside), you'll need to clean it by removing 4, 1/4" screws holding it to the DW floor and throughly cleaning it (I also unscrewed the plastic valve located on the bottom of the filter compartment). While you're at it, remove the plastic mesh on the DW floor (2 screws) and fish for any objects and sediments blocking the pump.
4) Replace filter and bottom mesh and operate the DW in "Rinse" mode.
5) Press the rotating arm back in and operate the DW in "Rinse" mode. Check rotation.
- Good Luck !
Posted on Mar 07, 2009
Some dishwashers have a filter that can be removed and cleaned. Others have filters that are self cleaning. Check your owners manual to determine which type you have and the recommended maintenance. I also have some steps you can take to make sure the dishes come out clean under my dishwashers tab.
Best of luck :)
Posted on Feb 25, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 06, 2014 | Maytag Dishwashers
Jul 13, 2011 | Neff Dishwashers
Jul 02, 2011 | KitchenAid 24 in. KUDI01FLSS Stainless...
Mar 22, 2011 | Kenmore 24 in. 17482 / 17484 / 17489...
Jul 26, 2010 | Bosch 24 in. SHU5305UC Built-in Dishwasher
Jul 20, 2010 | Maytag MDB5100A Dishwasher
The problem is hard water. www.dishwasherfilter.com has a product to solve this problem once and for all. It filters the water going into your dishwasher and removes the hard minerals that leave those spots. It is very affordable and even has a money back guarantee. You will love the way your dishes look with this product.
Jun 09, 2010 | Maytag 24 in. MDBH940AW Built-in...
Jan 05, 2010 | GE Nautilus 24" Built-in Dishwasher
Jul 29, 2008 | Frigidaire 24 in. FDB510LC Free-standing...
Apr 17, 2008 | Bosch Dishwashers
1,179 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!