Question about Fisher and Paykel GWL11 Top Load Washer
Hi Bob... You probably have a buildup of crud in the outer tub itself, or perhaps someone washed a rug and the backin has come off and is all in the outer tub and little by litter it is cloggin up the water pump. I would suggest that you pull the inner basket out of the machine and do a good cleaning of the machine. It's rather easy to remove that inner basket- you only need a phillips screw driver!
1. Pop out the two plastic white caps near the front/top (under the washer lid but on the top of the washer) and remove each screw.
2. Remove the agitator by popping the fabric softener cap out and simply reaching down in the center and unscrewing the white plastic "tee" nut that secures it to the agitator shaft and lift the agitator up and out.
3. Lift the machine's top up (it lifts up just like the lid does)
4. Unsnap the "tub collar" from the washer tub, (requires no tools!)
5. Grab ahold of that entire inner basket and lift it right up and out of the machine. (you may want a helper to hold the machine top back for you)
Now with that basket out, you can see what you need to do as far as any kind of build-up. You can wipe clean the inner plastic tub and remove any lint/rug backing/crud you see, and you can take that basket and clean it up in a laundry tub, of it is warmer where you live, take it outside and spray it down with a garden hose. The underside is probably going to filthy. The outer side of the inner tub is almost like a cheese grater, it might have some lint snagged in the holes. Just spray it down and clean everything up. Put it back together and you're good to go again.
It takes me about 10 minutes tops to pull the inner basket. Fisher Paykel's are very easy to work on.
Posted on Feb 28, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Hello - I will be happy to assist you. However, in order to provide the information you are requesting, may I please have your model number. Typically, the lint filter is located on the lower front as you open the door.
Jan 02, 2013 | Washing Machines
Sep 14, 2012 | Fisher and Paykel GWL11 Top Load Washer
Jul 20, 2011 | Haier XQG50-11 Front Load Washer / Dryer
Jun 23, 2010 | Fisher and Paykel GWL11 Top Load Washer
Apr 28, 2010 | Fisher and Paykel GWL11 Top Load Washer
Apr 18, 2010 | Fisher and Paykel GWL11 Top Load Washer
Nov 19, 2009 | Fisher and Paykel GWL11 Top Load Washer
Oct 06, 2009 | Fisher and Paykel GWL11 Top Load Washer
Aug 22, 2007 | KitchenAid KAWS850L Dryer
Feb 29, 2016 | Fisher and Paykel GWL11 Top Load Washer
472 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: