2005 LG TROMM has been working great till now. put in a load of clothes then noticed a burning smell almost plastic like. no smell when its on air dry. cleaned the lint catch and the vent in the back is clear. Any Ideas what this might be?
It is a POS dryer, we have the same one. My suggestion get another dryer. We vacuumed it all out (don't you have a problem with the lint catcher?) Then it started loud pounding noise, which a lot of people seem to have the same problem, then our sensor went out and we had to dry the clothes 5-10 x's...now crack in stainless steel drum and is chewing up all our expensive clothes!
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
My name is Peter. I am a retired field service appliance technician.
You have a dangerous situation.
1.) First, your dryer is shutting down because your dryer is plugged up with lint and there is no air flow. You need to remove the top cover and control panel, the front cover and if your hot air distribution manifold id in the back or front end, remove that and clean. With a dry rag (DO NOT USE LIQUID CLEANERS), wipe the grease and grime off all components.
2.) The burning smell is the lint burning. Fortunately, due to the lack of air, the lint is being extinguished.
So far you are lucky. You have not had a major fire. DO NOT USE THE DRYER UNTIL THE ABOVE TASK HAS BEEN ACCOMPLISHED.
I wish I could provide you with more specific information on your dryer, but you did not provide a model number.
3 or 4 prong power should have no bearing on the dryer performance..3 prong provides 2 power feed lines and a neutral versus a 4 prong system that provides the same two power feeds, a neutral and a ground.. so performance wise.. you should not expect any. The fact that it sounds louder is subjective and may be a function of the move. whereby something inside the dryer shifted a little when transporting it.. or the accoustics of the new room. If you smell something burning then I would check the exaust duct system for any material and/or restrictions.. It is possible that by moving your dryer..some lint, fibers from clothes or even human hair may have been dislodged and found there way into the blower/heater region and are burning off.. With the plug disconnected..Make sure your power cable terminations at the dryer are all snug. a loose connection there is dangerous and is resistive ( which means it will get hot) and in some cases.. could cause a fire so check that carefully..
In all probability..you may just have some lint or something that shifted during the move and is burning away...
Sears has tablets for front load washers that work great. I use one every month and it has helped the stinky washer smell and the bad smell in the clean clothes. It is called Affresh and it works better than any of the cleaners you can buy in the grocery stores.
Sounds like drive belt or drum supports, if the drier is gas I would check it out, could cause a fire, if it is electric still check to make sure it is not rubbing on the electric heat element, or it could be full of lint which is catching fire during normal operation and melting or burning the belt or drum supports.