Getting hot when connected to charger and wont work
I pod was working fine while on charge in my van ,all of a sudden it died ,when i handled it to try and sort it, it was very warm /hot to the right of the control wheel .The screen shows just the apple logo ,with no backlight and you can hear the hard drive kick in and then shuts straight down .Had a look inside and all seems ok ,so i disconected the battery from the clip on the board and placed the charger back into the socket and the area to the right of the wheel still got warm .Any ideas would be truly welcome i am lost without my pod .
Re: getting hot when connected to charger and wont work
Well if you just got it cause i am not good with i pods but if you did just get it not to long ago you could go to the store and they will type in the serial number in and see if your warranty is still good or what ever it is and they might just give you a new one
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Make sure you have the most current iTunes version (10.2.0.34). Go to the Apple site and download it or just Google it if need be. Also make sure your iPod is fully charged (use a wall charger, NOT the USB port) or at least half charged before you connect it to the computer; there has been some cases where if the battery is near dead/dying iTunes refuses to recognize it.
there may be multiple possibilities of problems on your Ipod, first your Ipod's power storage might be damage, second ipod charger no working, have you tried to charge it on computer? if yes and still not working it might be power storage is damage, what you need to do is find a technician near your place and let them have a check on it..
maybe their is a faulty with the battery of your phone replace phone battery with another phone with same phone model...if it works fine then just replace to a new battery....or else visit any phone technician to handle it for you.
try reseting it with holding down the menu and center button. Your warrenty will have been voided due to the liquid damage though so if you cant get it working with the reset your gunna need a new one.
Since it has been sitting for so long, try doing this: Connect the ipod to your computer and let it sit for about fifteen minutes. Then it should show up in your computer and under itunes. Usually, if your ipod dies completely, when you try to charge it using a wall or car charger, it will do that, just flashing the apple logo and going back off. Leaving it plugged up to the computer will allow the battery to charge just enough so that it can sync with itunes. While it is plugged into the computer and charging, it should say something like, battery very low, charging. It should work after letting it sit plugged up to the computer.
Hi I think your battery may be going bad or you need to purchase a wall charger to fully charge your battery. Charging your iPod on your computer works fine for a while, but as the battery gets older, it needs more charging and often it doesn't get enough from the computer. Try a wall charger first. Charge it all the way up until it stops charging. If it still shows a low battery you need to have a new battery. There are a lot of places that can do it. Hope that helps.
Creative's junction is unique, an ipod cable won't help. Buy a charger or better yet, a usb connection cable specific to the sleek photo online. I just bought one through amazon for a couple of dollars.