Cam is working fine on its own application, but when i try it on msn messanger it does not give me any display. and give error cam is not correcty connected.
i have the same problem but when i go to Tools, and run video and audio set up, it says its unable to do so,
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.
Re: logitech webcam problem on msn messanger
See section C. Windows Live
Messenger in the info below to setup the Audio & Video. Also send this to your family
and friends so they have there computer setup properly. Web Camera’s have to be
setup on the program they are to be used with.Just installing the camera on your computer does not set it up to
broadcast on messengers or Skype.
Each program has Options that have to be setup in order for
the Audio and Video to function properly.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Web Camera’s have to be setup on the program they are to be used with. Just installing the camera on your computer does not set it up to broadcast on messengers or Skype.
Each program has Options that have to be setup in order for the Audio and Video to function properly.
A. Skype Setup:
After downloading and installing Skype set it up as follows:
1. Go to TOOLS, then OPTIONS, and click on Audio Settings and set the Microphone and Speakers to the computer Audio Card. 2. Then click on the Video Settings. 3. The camera if installed properly will come up and show a picture. 4. Then on the bottom of the page click on Save.
The camera and audio should function properly. Your friends and Family will now see and talk to you.
B. Yahoo Setup:
After downloading and installing Yahoo Messenger set it up as follows:
1. Go to Messenger at the top left and click on it. 2. Next go down to Preferences and click on it. 3. Next Calling and Devices on the right and set the Microphone and Speakers to the computer Audio Card. 4. Next go to the Test Audio section and (in blue writing) click on “Open the call setup assistant” and follow the instructions on the left window.
When done both the Audio and Video will function properly so you can chat and see family or friends you are connected to. Hope this helps. Bud
hello, i have solution for this question but only for msn.........i dont use skype messenger.........so first u install software of logitech properly in u r comp then open windows live messenger........click the tools>audio and video setup..then press next n then select ur cam logitech quick cam pro 9000.....n then u see ur pic on that box..then finish it.......now try use it it will work......
Have you tried shutting down, turning off and restarting the PC yet? If not give it a try, MSN could have crashed but Windows still things it running. When you try to start MSN again you get your error message. If you've already tried that or if it doesn't work did you receive any error messages or make any significant change prior?