Re: What does it mean when the screen is stuck on it's...
This means that the player is not downloading anything or running any programs, and if you disconnected it at that time, the items on your player would be unaffected. Once you have downloaded songs, pictures, or movies, you need to wait for this screen before you disconnect your player.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Unfortunately, if the unit will not turn on when unplugged from the computer, there is nothing you can do to troubleshoot and fix the problem. The unit needs to be repaired or replaced.
I hope I've provided you useful assistance and that this information
allows you to make an informed decision as to how to proceed from here.
Please be sure to vote on my response. I hope I've earned a good rating from you today.
Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
Try connecting the player to your computer and press the reset button. You'll need a paper clip or thumb tack to reset it. Then remove the clip and try turning it on. Also as a general rule it's always best to insert and remove the clips when the player is turned off.
This player shows the "Do not disconnect" message when it is doing something critical such as transferring tracks or updating firmware, which could corrupt the player if disconnected part way through.
The player shows the "OK to disconnect" when it is idle. As the message says, it's ok to disconnect, as the player will not corrupt if disconnected when it is idle.
These messages mean that the player does not need the "Safe to remove" procedure.
It is ok to disconnect part way through charging. Also the player will condition the battery once it is fully charged, so it's ok to leave it charging.
Occassionally batteries can "memorise" when constantly disconnect and reconnected without fully charging and discharging. To help prevent this, fully discharge the player (leave on until dead) and fully charge and condition (leave charging for about 12 hours) every couple of weeks or so.
To those that are having problems with the MP3 player not being
recognized. With Windows XP there is a little Icon on your Systems Tray
that is called the "Safely Remove Harware Icon". Not using this Icon
when unpluging MP3''s or zip drives can cause your PC to no longer
recognize it. Toshiba Satellite laptops are known for this, others
probably have the same problem. The solution here is to install the
latest update of the ACPI Flash Bios for the Toshiba Satellite
computer. Maybe this is also the problem with other PCs. To prevent
these problems allways click on the Safely Remove Hardware icon before
removing the MP3 player or any USB flash drive 1 With your m240 set to MSC and connected, go to "My Computer" and
"right click" on the "Sansa m240" icon and select "Properties" 2 In that window, select the "Hardware" tab 4. In that "All Disk Drives" window, highlight the "Sansa m240" drive and select "Properties" (at the bottom) 5. In that window, select "Policies" 6. And there, set it to " Optimize for Quick Removal" and click OK and OK again
did she drop it? you can try this: ·1. remove all creative software from your pc (do this from start menu/settings/control panel/add or remove programs)
2. Uninstall Windows Media Player 11 and Windows Media Player 11 runtime. This will rollback the pc to an earlier version of WMP.
3. Download the latest version of the zen driver from this location: http://us.creative.com/support/downl...ame=Windows+XP
4. Make sure the zen is not connected to the pc and install run the exe file to install the software on your pc. at some point, the install will tell you that the unit is not connected. Connect the unit to proceed. it will also notify you that you are replacing an existing software, or something to that effect. I accepted or said OK to this popup. Once the firmware is installed, my started to work fine. You can now reinstall WMP from microsoft website. Hope this works for you. All else failes download the recovery tool from creatives website.