Question about Danze D500540BNT Brushed Nickel Fairmont?? Single Handle Pressure Balance

1 Answer

How to you get the cap off the shower handle/

How to you get the cap off the shower handle? It is a push in cap. There has to be a way to remove the cap in order to remove the rest of the fixture.

Did anyone have to drill the cap off and replace it with another one? Drilling it out seems to me the only way

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Master
  • 547 Answers

Try a magnet before drilling if it don't work drill a small hole do not push in to screw

Posted on Feb 21, 2009

  • albert getty
    albert getty Feb 25, 2009

    you should call danze customer service and ake for replacement cap



1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

How can I remove the cap on my shower handle without scratching it

Take a sharp knife and gently slide it under the edge of the cap. Now pry up.

Feb 29, 2016 | Moen & One Handle Tub & Shower Faucet

1 Answer

How to fix delta shower single knob faucet

Take handle off (either set-screw from side or bottom of handle, or phillips screw under cap on end of handle), pull off sleeve that's behind handle, unscrew nut that holds cartridge (strap wrench works great) and pull cartridge out.

Apr 29, 2015 | Delta & Single Handle Shower Faucet

1 Answer

How do you tighten the shower turn on handle?

If it is a lever handle, there is an allen key set screw on the under side of the handle hub. IIf it is a knob handle. remove the plastic cap at the center of handle and tighten the phillips screw.

Jul 16, 2014 | Delta & Single Handle Shower Faucet

1 Answer

Old Moen shower diverter

You will have to replace the shower diverter button. Remove the handle, remove the faceplate, and the diverter will screw out. Any plumbing supply that carries Moen products will have a replacement button for your valve

Feb 23, 2014 | Moen Home

2 Answers

I have Kohler single handle shower, but the handle does not have a screw to remove it. How do I remove the handle. The handle was installed in the house in 1999. Thank you.

Ok I am take a stab at this. If it is a L shaped handle it is not steel but an aloy and at the end of the long part of the handle is a end cap that either screws off or pops out when pry on. The set screw should be in the handle under that.
If that is not true then the set screw has to be somewhere around the base of the handle near the shower cover plate maybe headen under a little cover that would look like a small push-in cap.

Feb 05, 2011 | Plumbing

1 Answer

The shower control valve for my moen 2995 faucet is stuck in the shower position. how do i remove it?

Turn off water main. remove round cap on face of handle, remove screw and pull handle. After that everything else can be pulled off easily. When you get to the diverter you should be able to why its stuck.

Sep 27, 2009 | Moen 2995 Chateau Three Handle Tub and...

1 Answer

Danze shower fixture issue

If it is a single handle there should be an access hole to the under side of the handle that will allow access to a allen style set screw, loosen it and the handle can be removed.

Feb 21, 2009 | Danze D500540BNT Brushed Nickel Fairmont??...

1 Answer

Cannot get the cap off the shower handle of a Danze fixture

not familiar with that exact unit but alot of the caps unscrew or pop out when pried or you may have set screw on body

Feb 21, 2009 | Danze D500540BNT Brushed Nickel Fairmont??...

2 Answers

Grohe trim pressure balance valve

i looked at it and there might be a press in cap with a screw underneath where the grohe label is. there also may be a set screw around the shoulder of the handle where an allen hex wrench fits to losen its clamp on the stem. also.......some handles just snap on and just pull off with some tugging and wiggling them just right.

Jan 19, 2009 | Plumbing

Not finding what you are looking for?
Danze D500540BNT Brushed Nickel Fairmont?? Single Handle Pressure Balance Logo

Related Topics:

127 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Danze Home Experts


Level 3 Expert

4340 Answers

Rabbit Brains
Rabbit Brains

Level 3 Expert

575 Answers

Bill Boyd

Level 3 Expert

46535 Answers

Are you a Danze Home Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides