Unable to Read/upload photos from my Camcorder to PC
Your computer should be reading your connected camcorder as an additional drive or hard drive (not folder) when connected. Here are some tips to make this easier for you (Make sure your camcorder is on movies not pictures when you do this):
1. Connect you usb to you computer and camcorder
2. Camcorder ask do you want to playback, backup, create dvd, direct print.... Choose playback
3. Option pops up on your computer.. Select "Take No Action"
4. Go into My Computer and open the E: or Everio_HDD
5. >>For movies- Select SD-Video - Folder PRG002 or PRG001 are where your movie files is located
Drag and drop .MOD files to your desktop **.MOI files are indexes of the .MOD files and will not convert **
>>For Pictures- Select DCIM - Folder 101JVCSO or 100JVCSO - Drag and Drop to desktop - NO FILE CONVERSION NECESSARY
6. Change the file extension to .MPG
** If you find yourself haveing issues changing the file extension, open my computer... select tools... go to folder options.... uncheck "Hide extension for known file types", check it back when your finished if you have kids.. I do for my computer.***
**You are simply creating copies of your files when you drag and drop you movies and pics***
No changing of file extensions is necessary if just saving to computer and you have the software.... but file extension change will allow you to view back movies with Windows Media Player.
Hope this helps
Dont forget to rate!!
Dec 31, 2008 |
JVC Everio GZ-MG130 Camcorder