Hello their again if the problem is in your Power Plug i strongly suggest you to change it with new one than to repair with not sure.
for the reason it will be caused an addtional problem that may occur to your Laptop.
any problem jsut feel free to ask.
but please don't forget to rate our answer properly.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This is generally a hardware issue - if the computer is under warranty get it fixed through Acer. If not you may need professional help. You don't mention how old the laptop is but if it is older than a year or two and you live in a dusty environment it could be overheating. If the fan is not running or always running on super-high then it is probably overheating.
Another thing to try is using a boot CD (any boot CD will work) and see if the computer still shuts down after that 30 seconds. If yes, definitely hardware. If not, possible that it's a windows issue.
Sounds like you are overheating. One way to tell if it's overheating is you say it will run for about 30 minutes then shuts down. When it shuts down try rebooting to see if the boots successfully. If it fails to boot successfully right after it shut down then you are probably overheating. If you wait awhile to let it cool down for 30 minutes or so and if you reboot and it does it successfully you definitely have a overheating problem. If I remember correctly all those compaq sr series have loud and fast running fans. Computers overheat because of three reasons for the most part: 1) A fan has stopped working. 2) The Thermal Paste on the CPU and Heat Sink has dried up or is not thick enough to keep the unit cool. 3) Dust has clogged the fan vents and inside the computer. Fortunately for you desktops don't have to be completely disassembled like laptops to get to the fan, CPU and heatsink. Just pop the case and you'll see the components attached to the motherboard
When does it shut itself off? Is this happening time you press the power button and during the boot cycle it shuts off without completing the boot to windows? If it shuts down after you've worked on it for a while it could be that it is running hot. If you let it sit a while to cool off then press the power button, if it completes the boot cycle and allows you to work it is definitely running hot. Normally when they run hot if you immediately try to reboot, it will fail. If you let it cool off it will boot successfully. Computers run hot because of a fan not working, dust clogging the fan vents or the Thermal Paste around the CPU and Heat Sink has become hard or too thin to keep the unit cool. If it's not running hot you might have a power supply or motherboard issue. Try removing the power cord and press and hold the Power Button for 30 seconds to release any Static Buildup. Then plug the power cord back in and try to reboot.
if you have 2 memory sticks, (i.e. 2 ram sticks that are 2 gb each) try putting on in and start it. if it does not work try this.
remove all power supplies (cord and battery).
hold down the power button for 30-60 sec.
after that plug the power in and try turning it on.
I have same notebook and similiar problem. Mine runs for 30 min then shuts off completely in like 20 seconds. I added a $10 usb powered laptop cooler pad and bingo, runs now for hours no problem. On all computers I know the cpu heat temperature has a threshold, if it goes too high it will shut off. I think my fan doesn't kick on fast enough to lower the temperature and cool the processor. On yours it may be a fan that doesn't work or is working at the wrong time and the circuit shuts off the system. Shouldn't be terribly expensive maybe $60 to repair from a good technician..good luck
hold the power button for 10 seconds it turn off ur cpu and then start the cpu and hold F5 key u get windows boot menu select safemode try to login after login check in the controlpannel poweroptions chek in advance option see the menu down wheather it is in standby then change it to shutdown and apply the setting. and check it out it may work r else please try to repair the os.