I have a Dell Inspiron E1505. The screen is dark but I can see the images when turned on and put under the lights. A brand new LCD screen with inverter was installed. Still the screen is dark. What is the problem?
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Look at the LCD screen very closely and check if you can see a faint image on the screen. It's possible that the LCD lid close switch stuck in the "closed" position and the back-light stays off even when you open the LCD screen or turn on the laptop. The switch turns off the back-light when you close the LCD display to save the laptop battery power.
If that didn't fix it then there are 3 things that could have gone wrong:
1. Video cable connection from inverter to LCD got loose. To check this, follow instructions from step 3 on how to open the LCD and check if cable is fitted properly.
2. The video inverter is faulty The screen inverter failure is very similar to the back-light lamp failure. In both cases the screen gets very dark and the image on the screen becomes very faint, barely visible under a bright light. If it's still under warranty, take it for a replacement. You can replace this otherwise - you can find the inverter under the screen, follow the procedure described at point 3 to open up the screen.
3. The LCD monitor is faulty If it works on an external monitor most likely the LCD is faulty and needs replacement. If it's still under warranty, take it for a replacement. If not, you can do it yourself, it's pretty easy. Remove the rubber covers on the side of the screen, unscrew the screws take the plastic cover off, disconnect the video inverter and put in the new LCD after you connect the video inverter to it.
When you click on Power Options, the power options screen will open. Here you can select a power plan, change plan settings.
When you click the Change plan settings option below any of the listed power plans, the Edit Plans Setting screen
will open allowing you to change when the computer should turn off the
display and when to put the computer to sleep, as well as the
brightness setting of the display.
Check the box that says Activate Presentation Mode
But I don't think that will make your screen brighter, if its still dark then look for the function hot key to turn up the brightness on your screen. Its usually something like - hold the "fn" key and press the up arrow several times.