Ink Cartridge Maintenance
Replacing an Ink Cartridge
- Turn on your printer.
- Lift the printer unit, and position the scanner
support between the tabs to hold it open.
The ink cartridge carrier moves and stops at the loading
position unless the printer is busy.
- Press down on the ink cartridge lever to raise
the ink cartridge lid.
- Remove the old ink
- Dispose of the old cartridge properly.
- If you are installing a new ink cartridge,
remove the sticker and transparent tape from the back and bottom of the ink
- Insert the new ink
- Snap the lid closed.
Aligning an Ink Cartridge
- Lift the printer unit, and hold the scanner
support up while lowering the printer unit until it is completely
You may need to align the ink cartridge when characters are not properly
formed or are not aligned at the left margin, or when vertical or straight lines
To align the ink cartridge:
- Load plain paper. For more information, see Loading Paper.
- In Windows XP, click Start® Control Panel® Printers and Other Hardware® Printers and Faxes.
In Windows 2000,
- Right-click the Dell AIO 810
- Click Printing
The Printing Preferences
dialog box opens.
- Click the Maintenance tab.
- Click Align Print Cartridge.
- Click Print.
A blue and black alignment page prints.
- After the alignment page has finished printing,
place the page face-down on the scanner glass. Make sure the upper left corner
of the front of the page aligns with the arrow on the
- Press the Scan button .
The page is scanned. When the scan is complete, the cartridge is
aligned. You may discard the alignment page when the alignment is complete.
Please download the manual from the link below and go to chapter Ink Cartridge Maintenance:http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/PRN810/en/ug/ug_en.zip
Hope it helped.