Question about Skype IM
Skype has this feature that makes any number on a website into this link that calls the number via Skype when clicked. Visually, numbers appear in a gray box with the US flag on the left and a green phone icon on the right.
I want to turn that off, but I can't find where to do it. Help! :)
Open your browser and look for the blue Skype icon in the upper right-hand corner (icon should be blue with an "S" and "123" with a green phone image.
Click on the Skype icon.
A window will pop up asking you if want to "Turn number highlighting on". Uncheck the box to disable and click "OK".
Posted on Aug 11, 2009
Testimonial: "Thanks! That was exactly what I needed to know!"
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 18, 2016 | Binatone Lands Phones
on Aug 05, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Need to block a specific phone number from calling or texting your iPhone? It could be telemarketers, spam text messages, or that crank that won't stop calling and messaging. Apple's iOS does not have a built-in feature to block a phone number, but there are other solutions.
1. Your carrier might be able to block individual numbers. AT&T has an optional feature called Smart Limits for Wireless that runs $4.99 per month. One of the many functions is the capability to block up to 30 numbers from calling or texting your iPhone.
Verizon Wireless offers Spam Control for no additional charge. This feature can be found under My Services when logged into your account, and blocks up to 5 numbers from calling or texting.
2. Owners of jailbroken iPhones can install apps from the Cydia Store that will block phone numbers.iBlacklist is fully compatible with all iOS devices, iOS 5 and older firmware. For a one-time cost of $12, iBlacklist adds a plethora of useful features to your iPhone including the ability to block calls and texts from individual numbers.
MobileLog is currently in development and will be offered for sale to jailbroken iPhone owners soon. The app will also provide many enhancements to the stock calling app as well as number blocking.
3. Make sure you've registered your iPhone number with the National Do Not Call Registry. This will not stop texts, but it will require most telemarketers to stop calling your line within 31 days. Complaints can also be filed using the same website, and phone number registrations with the service never expire.
4. Assign a silent ringtone to the numbers you don't want to answer. This stops calls from bothering you, but texts will still sound an alert.
5. Another calling only solution are services such as TrapCall, which has plans starting at $4.95 per month. No iPhone app installation is required, and once you're signed up TrapCall will unmask blocked caller IDs and blacklist unwanted callers. More expensive plans can be purchased that offer more in-depth functions.
Jan 31, 2013 | Cell Phones
Jan 07, 2012 | Skype IM
Jan 03, 2012 | Skype IM
· Fill in your email address below.
· We'll email you a temporary code.
· Use the code to change your password on our secure website.
· Enter your email address
Open skype go to tools options scroll to audio settings or video settings you can see the webcam there you can even take a snapsot also make sure your settings are correct for a video call
Jan 26, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Oct 12, 2010 | Cell Phones
Sep 13, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Apr 04, 2009 | Philips DECT VOIP-321 cordless telephone
Apr 15, 2015 | Skype IM
Oct 09, 2014 | Skype IM
3,528 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: