I keep getting the message that i need to install the print driver but i do have the driver installed. HP D1500 series. I only have a laptop i work off of so i would love to get my printer working. the router is a linksys wrt 54g. do i need to uninstall everything hp and start over again? I'm frustrated so can anyone help?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Try this it may help.
Download and install XP mode as a virtual machine. Which should solve the all too often problem related to no being able to find a WIN 7 or 64bit driver. FREE from Microsoft. I use it and it works great http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx
Not compatible or not working well with windows 7?
Maybe, It doesn't work because the driver/application you installed is
for other versions of operating system. I am also using windows 7 like
you so don't you worry, You can still use your old installer/driver from
other versions of operating systems. Just remember that before
installing any program in a windows 7 Operating System Computer, Use
"troubleshoot compatibility". Right Click the Icon of your program
installer/application first, then choose "troubleshoot compatibility". This will
allow you to choose on what type operating system your program will run.
Just reply back if it still doesn't work.:D rate and vote for me:))
First, you have to make sure that the printer can print directly connected to the computer.
Second, make sure that you can "ping" the print server while it's connected to the router.
If the printer works when connected to the computer and you can ping the print server, then you just need to change the port in the print server utility. It should be set to LP1 and not LPT. The queue name should be set to L1.
Check also the printer port, and be sure that it's set to USB001 or USB002 Virtual Printer Port.
If same problem occur, try to uninstall and re-install the server utility. Use the link below to download the utility for Vista 64-bit OS:
The print server is Vista compatible. However, the Deskjet F4180 is not listed as a supported printer.Look at this list: http://iogear.com/files/pdf/GPSU21_Printer_Compatiblity_List_4-20-09.pdf . This print server is not the right one for your printer. You can either try a different print server, a supported printer or directly connect the printer to a computer and make that computer a print server for the rest of your network. The last option will take a bit more work. In Windows, the directly connected computer will need to allow sharing for the printer and the firewall software will need to trust the other machines in the network connect to it. The other computers will only be able to print and not use the other multi-function features. You may need to get additional software drivers to make this work (particularly if one computer uses a 64-bit OS and another has a 32-bit OS).
For the GMFPSU22W6, there's two possible reason why it's not being seen by the MFP Control Center. First, the MFP Control Center was properly installed, second, the Print Server is not working correctly. To resolve this problem, please try the solutions below:
1. Uninstall/re-install the MFP Control Center.
2. Reset the GMFPSU22W6 by holding down the "Init" button that's located on the right side of this device. Hold it down by 10 seconds and then unplug the power adapter while still holding down the "Init" button for another 10 seconds.
3. Resealse the button and turn it back on by connecting the power adapter to it.
Yes, the GPSU21 is tested to work with Vista 32 and 64-bit Operating System. The things you need to do is listed below:
1. There's no need for you to install the CD that came with it, if the MFP Utility is already installed in another computer.
2. Get the IP Address of the GPSU21 from the computer that has the MFP Utility installed.
- Open the MFP Utility > locate TCP/IP at the lower portion of this window and click the plus (+) sign. > get the IP Address.
3. After getting the IP Address of it, go to your Windows Vista computer and ping the IP Address (just to make sure that Vista is seeing the Print Server).
- To ping, follow the steps below: - - Click the start menu and open the MS DOS Command Promt. - On the black screen, type this "ping (type the IP Address of the print server): just like this - C:WINDOWS\Desktop\Scott>ping 192.168.x.x and then hit enter.
4. Once you get ping statistics 4 packet sent; 0% loss. Then the Print Serve is communicating with Vista.
5. On you Windows Vista computer, make sure that the printer is working when directly connected to it. Because there could be a possibility that the printer driver is not properly installed that's why the server is not working.
6. On Vista, go to the Control Panel > Printers > Locate the printer icon (the one that is set as you default printer)
7. Right-click on the printer icon and then select properties > go to Ports tab.
8. Click on Add port button > select Standard TCP/IP > click on "New Port" (beside Cancel)
9. Hit next > type the IP Address of the print server. > Next
10. Click on Custom > Settings button
11. For Protocol: select LPR
12. For the Queue Name: type L1 > Click on OK > Finish.
13. Then under the printer properties, you will see the Standard TCP/IP is selected
14. Hit Apply so that the printer name would appear right next to that port > OK
15. Try printing a test page.
NOTE: After following the steps, you should be able to print using your Vista computer. I configured this print server with Vista several times and it does work with Vista.
The direction of the GMFPSU01C will never tell you that you need to create another printer driver. Because, once you install the MFP Utility of this print server, you will have an automatic Copy1 icon of your printer once you successfully, detected the print server and once you successfully connected to the Printer.
Since, the computer is not detected the printer on the network, here are the things that you may do:
1. Make sure that the printer driver is properly installed in the computer. and make sure that the printer is working when directly connected to the computer.
2. If you can't detect the printer, disable your FireWall or any anti-virus program that's running in your computer.
3. Uninstall/reinstall the MFP Utility. If the CD is not working correctly, use the driver from the Website. Here's the link: http://iogear.com/support/dm/driver/GMFPSU01#display