Question about Kodak EASYSHARE 5100 All-In-One Printer
I justb changed my printhead inmy kodak all inone printer 5300 an it comes up whith a caution code 3607
Ten Step Process to Fix the "Print Head" Error Message on the Kodak 5300 Printer.
1. Clear a good spot it your back yard that is free of shrups and flowers.
2. Get the following tools: Flat head screwdriver, shovel, sledgehammer.
3. Dig 24" x 24" hole in your back yard and rope off the excavation area for safety.
4. Whaaaaack the heck out of the Kodak 5300 with the sledgehammmer until such time that it is not a recognizeable piece of electronic equipment.
5. Stab it with the flat head screwdriver, just in case it has the Terminator syndrome (comes back to life).
6. Throw the piece of garbage in the recently excavated hole in your back yard.
7. Cover up that useless piece of garbage and forget you ever owned it.
8. Get in your car and go to the nearest electronic store and ask to speak to the manager.
9. Ask if they sell the Kodak 5300 printer. If so, whack him with the shovel. You don't want to seriously injure him so don't even consider the sledgehammer of the screwdriver. After all, its not his fault that his company carries such garbarge. But the whack is just to burn off some steam from your frustrations.
10. Purchase any other printer but a Kodak and live happily ever after.
Posted on Jul 13, 2008
Unfortunately, the only way to possible fix this error is to get the printhead out and reseat it. You can do that by removing the ink cartridges. Right above where the black ink cartridge was, at the top left hand corner of the printhead, if you push up towards the ceiling there should be a button that releases the printhead. You should now be able to tilt the printhead forward and pull it out of the printer. Reseat the printhead by putting it back in the printer and pushing straight back on the back wall of the printhead. It should snap into place. Replace the ink cartridges and close the printer. If the error clears, download the newest firmware from kodak.com so this never happens again.
If these steps do not clear the error however, call Kodak AiO tech support at 1800 421 6699 to get a new printhead.
Posted on Jul 21, 2008
Clarification: Remove tanks(cartridges)first. You see the bullseye target with a finger pointing to it.
Above the bullseye sticker, there's a rectangular button. Press it in until printhead dislodges.
Posted on Sep 18, 2008
I have tried what is suggested , I am not getting anywhere with this. I wasn't able to move my finger to the left of anything. What am I doing wrong!
Posted on Sep 22, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 16, 2009 | Kodak EASYSHARE 5500 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 23, 2009 | Kodak EASYSHARE 5300 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 12, 2009 | Kodak EASYSHARE 5300 All-In-One InkJet...
Jul 20, 2008 | Kodak EASYSHARE 5300 All-In-One InkJet...
Jun 14, 2008 | Kodak EASYSHARE 5300 All-In-One InkJet...
May 20, 2008 | Kodak EASYSHARE 5500 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 18, 2008 | Kodak EASYSHARE 5300 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 11, 2008 | Office Equipment & Supplies
524 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: