Question about Sony BRAVIA XBR 52 in. LCD Flat-Panel HDTV
Need it for my TV's remote(the one in the picture)Tried Dish websiteand calling them. Tried sony esupport too. Thanks
If you are looking to have the Dish remote operate your TV, just do a random search for your tv. First, hold down the tv button on the dish remote until all the rest of the light up. Next press the tvpower button on the dish remote. Next, press the channel up button (this is the up arrow button) until the set turns off. When it does turn off, press the # key at the bottom right of the remote. The tv button will light and flash twice. That's it. Your done. Hope this helps.
Posted on Feb 27, 2009
The Sony Bravia XBR9 and Z5100 TV remote control model RM-YD029 will work with the Dish Network VIP722 DVR HD Satellite Receiver, but the Dish Network VIP722's Primary remote address must be set to 1.
The procedure below will allow Sony RM-YD029 remote control to operate Dish VIP722.
Using the Dish Network Remote Control -
1. Press menu 2 times to get to system info page
2. In the system info page the primary remote address is in a white box (bubble) followed by a Green TV (1)symbol that says IR and indicates you the channel your remote control one is configured. The Sony RM-YD029 will work when this primary remote address number (in the white box) is set to 1.
If the Primary Remote Address of your VIP722 Remote control 1 is not set to channel 1, here is how to change it:
1. While displaying the system info page, press and hold the SAT button on your dish network remote until all other modes are flashing, about 3 seconds.
2. then press the '1' button on the numeric pad of your dish remote
3. then press the '#' button on the numeric pad of the dish remote
4. then press the 'record' button on the dish remote (red dot button - stores setting)
5. At this point you should see a number 1 in front of the primary remote address on the dish system info page
Ensure you enter the corresponding IR code into your Sony remote control per the instructions in the manual or Sony's web site. My VIP722 works with Sony IR code - 01775.
Posted on Jan 11, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 22, 2014 | Televison & Video
Oct 02, 2008 | Olevia LT26HVX 26 in. LCD Television
Aug 04, 2010 | Philips 23PF5320 23 in. HD-Ready LCD...
Dec 13, 2009 | Sanyo Televison & Video
Sep 08, 2009 | Sony BRAVIA XBR 52 in. LCD Flat-Panel HDTV
Aug 15, 2009 | Toshiba 26HF85 26 in. Television
May 23, 2009 | Syntax Olevia 537H Television
Aug 17, 2008 | Akai LCT3285TA 32 in. LCD Television
Jan 02, 2008 | Sylvania LC320SL8 Television
1,886 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: