I have tried several times to install, but keep getting message that says another installation is already in progress.complete that installation before proceeding with this installation. I am not installing anything else! At least that I know of. Tried installing in safe mode and that did not work.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
why windows 7 when 10 is heaps better and is a free uprade to windows 10 from windows 8 just go to settings update and do it for free. i'm in the insider program for windows. as all ways install all exe's as admin then you have no problems.
Follow the below steps to install XP
1. Insert Windows XP disc and reboot the computer.
2. Change boot order to "Boot from CD" or keep tapping F12 and change the first boot device to CD-ROM
3. Press enter when you see a message "Press any key to boot from CD"
4. You will see lots of things going on screen. Once everything loaded, you will see a message "Welcome to Setup". Press Enter.
5. Press F8 to agree license agreement.
6. Now, as you already have operating system installed, you will see a message "computer already has XP files" and will ask you to repair it. Press F3. WE dont wanna repair it.
7. In this screen, highlight C drive and press enter.
8. Press L to confirm delete.
9. Select first option "Format the partition using NTFS quick" and press enter.
Rest everything is self explainatory.
Now, it will copy the files and reboot the computer
Just follow the onscreen instuctions like Entering computer name .. CD key..
It sounds like your laptop hasn't installed the driver from your install CD. If you go to hp.com and download the Win7 32 or 64bit driver depending on which OS you have installed and as you plug the USB lead in, the laptop should recognise the printer and complete the installation. I am assuming that your laptop is also hp. If it isn't, go to the manufacturers web site and download the driver for the printer. Hope that helps.
The problem is caused by a damaged Windows installation CD.
There are some files that cannot be read from CD, so Windows gets stuck.
It tries to restart to continue with installation, and keeps doing this on an endless loop.
Get a goos Windows Installation CD and start from scratch, (format and load the new copy of Windows)
turn off the computer and disconnect the battery . wait like half an hour. put it back in you have to wait a few minutes for the battery to finish charging then turn it on . this should help. the menu will pop up after you type your password in .
you already have other cd / dvd burner software on pc / laptop...use it...(can i suggest a better software than itunes for burning..unless you have this already..nero, ashampoo and / or burn4free cd / dvd)...nero has much more to place on the menu of dvd...cd (u can get creative)....this way your new version of itunes will just keep your ipod up to date (no more regs problems)