Water/ice dispenser not working
Depending on the age of your house, large chunks of minerals may have dislodged in the water piping system, and is flooding the filter cartridge with trash. I had this happen recently on a 15 year old house that water stopped flowing in 4 cold water faucets of the bathroom.
Try this -
1) Roll the fridge out from the wall
2) Turn the water off at the wall.
3) Disconnect the water line from the back of the fridge
4) Get a bucket and stick the line into the bucket.
5) Slowly open the valve and see if water comes out. If it does, let it run for 20-30 secs at a decent flow, then turn off. If not water comes out, then you have a different problem. The cause may be the same, but it's not the refrigerator.
If water does come out, check the bucket to see if there are chunks of mineral buildup in the bottom, or floating in the water.
If there are minerals, then again, let the line run until the water runs clear. Open the valve as full open as you can to increase the water velocities and flush the chunks. Also, if no water comes through the tube, there may be trash in the valve itself, and you will likely need to call a plumber to repair unless your handy. I can describe how to repair, but that is another subject.
If everything flushes clear and you have flow, then get yourself a new filter, and try again. If there was mineral buildup, it is possible that some got through the filter and has built up inside the refrigerator water tubing. That again is another issue that I can help you with.
Jan 14, 2009 |