It is obvious that nthe microwave side of the unit is not working.
microwaaves have a terrible habit of blowing fuses for the most stupid reasons. No not the fuse in the plug but the ones the manufacturer hides inside the case, you will have to look hard. if one is blown replace it with a direct replacement. and do not test the machine with the cover removed
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If you hear an unusual buzzing noise, the magnetron (the component that actually generates the microwaves) or other electronic module may be broken. This is not easily fixed; contact a service technician.
I would call customer service with the model number to see if this is a known issue. You might also call a authorized Panasonic repair center and chat with them to get some idea of what a possible repair might cost.
check the door safety interlock switches. if failed, they cannot tell the oven that the door is closed and if the door is open, the magnetron will not come on. remove the cover and find the small micro switches neat the door latch system. check them with a ohm meter with the door open ... then closed. of course, you are checking for continuity ...not voltage ... so unplug the oven before you start.
Micro wave as the name suggests produces heat when the micro waves aimed at an object causes the water molecules inside the object to vibrate hence producing heat.The gadget responsible is the magnetron. If your magnetron is not receiving ht voltage or receiving but faulty, then your micro wave wont work please take precaution when opening micro wave due to high voltage caps that remain charged sometimes even when it is off.check the high voltage fuse/ diode and capacitor if they are fine and the step up trans former o.k then the only option is to replace the magnetron
The wave gude cover is replaceable, the part number is1085082. The reason for arcing through is typically a splatter of food stuck to the cover and then the heating waves overcooked or burned it. Carefully replace the cover (panel), look for any burned spots behind the cover, if the wave guide is burned through, the Microwave is unrepairable. If the waveguide has small arc spots you can carefully clean (sandpaper) and use touchup paint to recoat. I hope this helps and if it does, please let us know!
Sounds like the magnetron has failed. This is the component that produces the microwaves that heats the food.
The cost of the magnetron is about 95% of the cost of a microwave oven.
Most people don't, for this reason, replace the magnetron, they replace
the whole oven which is probably what you will end up doing.
There is a possibility that the circuit that provides power to the
magnetron is faulty and you need to take it apart, find the proper
electrical leads and test them with a volt meter. To do this you have
to remove it from its mounting and take it apart. It is a fairly
lengthy process however.