Question about IOGear GPSU21 Print Server
The IOGEAR support told me that this product works with VISTA. I'm trying all that they said to me (disable firewall, turn DHCP ON, keep pressing reset button for 10 seconds, ...) but it never works !!!!
Yes, the GPSU21 is tested to work with Vista 32 and 64-bit Operating System. The things you need to do is listed below:
1. There's no need for you to install the CD that came with it, if the MFP Utility is already installed in another computer.
2. Get the IP Address of the GPSU21 from the computer that has the MFP Utility installed.
- Open the MFP Utility > locate TCP/IP at the lower portion of this window and click the plus (+) sign. > get the IP Address.
3. After getting the IP Address of it, go to your Windows Vista computer and ping the IP Address (just to make sure that Vista is seeing the Print Server).
- To ping, follow the steps below:
- Click the start menu and open the MS DOS Command Promt.
- On the black screen, type this "ping (type the IP Address of the print server): just like this
- C:WINDOWS\Desktop\Scott>ping 192.168.x.x and then hit enter.
4. Once you get ping statistics 4 packet sent; 0% loss. Then the Print Serve is communicating with Vista.
5. On you Windows Vista computer, make sure that the printer is working when directly connected to it. Because there could be a possibility that the printer driver is not properly installed that's why the server is not working.
6. On Vista, go to the Control Panel > Printers > Locate the printer icon (the one that is set as you default printer)
7. Right-click on the printer icon and then select properties > go to Ports tab.
8. Click on Add port button > select Standard TCP/IP > click on "New Port" (beside Cancel)
9. Hit next > type the IP Address of the print server. > Next
10. Click on Custom > Settings button
11. For Protocol: select LPR
12. For the Queue Name: type L1 > Click on OK > Finish.
13. Then under the printer properties, you will see the Standard TCP/IP is selected
14. Hit Apply so that the printer name would appear right next to that port > OK
15. Try printing a test page.
NOTE: After following the steps, you should be able to print using your Vista computer. I configured this print server with Vista several times and it does work with Vista.
Posted on Apr 07, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 24, 2010 | IOGear GPSU21 Print Server
Apr 13, 2010 | IOGear GPSU21 Print Server
Jan 26, 2010 | IOGear GPSU21 Print Server
Sep 09, 2009 | IOGear GPSU21 Print Server
Jul 29, 2009 | IOGear GPSU21 Print Server
Jun 10, 2009 | IOGear GPSU21 Print Server
Nov 13, 2007 | IOGear GPSU21 Print Server
Oct 29, 2007 | IOGear GPSU21 Print Server
1,671 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!