My iPhone needs SIM card from suported Carrier In South Africa to
activate it because I was using MTN SIM Card then I decided to update to the new version of iPhone 8gb software.
Everything was fine but after updating I reciev the message that says
the SIM Card inserted is not Supported so I must insert The SIM from supported Carrier for Activaion.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You can get your Nokia X2-02 unlocked using the unlock code from your network provider (MTN,South Africa) it may or may not be free....To get guidance on how to enter the unlock code you can visit Mobileunlockguide.com and follow their free unlock instructions and remove the network lock easily.
It seems that your iPhone 2G is in need of activation. To accomplish this, there are 2 ways:
A. (With AT&T as your service provider)
1. If you do not already have an AT&T sim card, contact AT&T and ask for an AT&T sim card to activate service with them. Choose your plan and insert the sim card in the iPhone.
2. Connect the iPhone to iTunes and you will be prompted to follow a few steps to proceed with the activation process.
3. Sync your iPhone for the first time.
Once completed, you will have your iPhone activated and ready to use on the AT&T network.
B. (Without AT&T as your service provider)
1. You will need to download an application to jailbreak your iPhone. (This will essentially remove certain restrictions on your iPhone 2G that prevent you from utilizing your iPhone on another network, among other things).
2. Connect your iPhone to the computer and run your jailbreak application of choice.
Once completed, your iPhone 2G will be activated and jailbroken. The "emergency call" message will disappear, though you will be prompted with a "no sim card found" message until a sim card from AT&T (or another GSM carrier) is placed in the sim tray.
iPhones are usually activated at the service provider's store where you bought it. If not, you must call them to assist you of activation.
Sometimes, to activate an iPhone, all you need to do is to insert the right carrier sim card that comes with it (e.g. AT&T in the U.S.). Know who's the Carrier (service provider) in your country that have the exclusive rights to sell iPhones, then buy their sim card for you iPhone.
the new sim card is connected with having an iphone account. when you say it is officially unlocked. does this mean that AT&T unlocked your phone? what i think your saying is that if you have 2 sim cards, one that is in use and the other is a spare you cannot use both. at the same time. the sims are standalone, to use a spare sim it has to be activated by the carrier, thus disabling your original sim. when you change sims you will need to reboot the phone that will not change.