Question about Linksys Ultra RangePlus Wireless Routr Router
*connection drops out every 5-10 minutes
PC Setup #1 - Dell with new Linksys WRT160n router
PC Setup #2 - Gateway with new Linksys WUSB600 wireless adapter
ok.....so the upstairs pc #1 has the Linksys wrt160n router hooked up to it and it works perfectly fine, constant connection with no interuptions....
the downstairs computer is a brand new gateway which i have the Linksys WUSB600 wireless adapter plugged into it and it connects with great status but it only allows connection for about 5-10 minutes!!! So the question is how do i set up PC #2 to stay connected without disconnection every 5-10 minutes??? Also when i reconnect to a network on the downstairs pc there is usually about 4 or 5 outside connections that i can choose from....are these other connections using my internet and could be the problem?? if so do i need to somehow setup a private network so that only the computers i chose or allow to gain access can gain access and stay connected correctly???
**Note: i can also gain perfect access and stay connected with Xbox 360 wireless, Nintendo Wii wireless and my laptop. I just dont understand why PC #2 keeps disconnecting like it does?? Is it the new computer or is it the Linksys WBUS600n wireless adapter?
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 29, 2014 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
Oct 14, 2013 | Cisco Linksys WRT160N ULTRA RANGEPLUS...
Feb 05, 2012 | Cisco Linksys WUSB600N Adapter Wireless...
The Linksys WRT160N has WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup). If you are using WPA-PSK encryption (recommended), then you can easily connect the C4780 to your wireless network using WPS:
1) On the Linksys router, press the WPS button that is top of the case just under the Cisco label. When the LED on the button starts to blink, then the WPS process has started.
Jul 06, 2011 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
Click the Applications & Gaming link near the top of the page.
You should now see a new menu. In this new menu, click Port Range Forward.
requires you to forward the following ports: 53,80,88,1863,3074
Mar 30, 2011 | Cisco Linksys E1000 WirelessN Broadband...
1. You have an updated Easy Setup Key and would like to get additional computers wirelessly connected to the Internet.
2. You would like to perform the above task but do not have an updated Easy Setup Key.
3. You finished setting up your Valet or Linksys Wireless-N Router and would like to get a desktop with no wireless connectivity connected to the Internet.
4. You would like to wirelessly connect a computer to your Valet or Linksys Wireless-N Router using the Windows Wireless Manager.
5. You would like to give temporary Internet access to a visiting friend or relative.
If you need more help come back.Post / thumbs / testimonial are welcome!
Nov 21, 2010 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
Sep 12, 2010 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
Dec 26, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Dec 11, 2009 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
Sep 16, 2009 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
486 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: