Question about HP Photosmart A826 home photo center Printer
I get a message that it is out of paper, which it isn't. The rollers won't grab the paper. I've tried everything on the HP troubleshooting site. Except cleaning the rollers, as there is no way to open the back of the printer. Sometimes if I open the back and push the paper down manually it catches and prints
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Paper Feed
Here is an in depth document on Paper and carriage jams on your HP printer. there is a paragraph on how to clean the rollers, which may fix your problem.
Please remember to rate Techs who assist you for free :)
Posted on Oct 08, 2008
SOURCE: paper feed problems hp PSC 1510
1. Turn the printer off and open the access cover.
2. Look for any obstructions in the paper path and remove them if necessary. (It is possible to move the carrier assembly with the power off.)
3. Turn the printer on, load some paper, and press the Form Feed button.
4. Watch the paper as it feeds through and try to determine where the jam is occurring.
5. Check to see if all the rollers are turning.
If all the rollers are turning, there may be something in the feed path that you can't see. Go to step 6.
If not, there is probably a feed motor or a gear problem and the printer may require service.
6. If the paper is jamming under the carrier assembly, you may be able to fix it using the manual feed slot.
7. Turn the printer off.
8. Take a #10 envelope and feed it through the left side of the manual feed slot until it comes right through the printer to the back of the exit rollers.
9. Move it up and down first, and then slowly move it over to the right side. If something is stuck under the black guide plate, this may work it loose.
Posted on Oct 17, 2008
Check the gear on the left side of your printer where the disk encoder strip is attach,the gear is not holding the metal shaft your need to replace that gear. The problem is in the inner hole where the shafting is attached.
Posted on Nov 03, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 21, 2013 | HEWLETT-PACKARD Officejet 4500 All-in-One...
Jul 04, 2012 | HP COLOR LASERJET CP 3505 N PRINTER
Jul 26, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MX320 Color USB InkJet Printer
May 06, 2011 | Epson WorkForce 600 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 19, 2010 | HP Photosmart C4280 All-in-One InkJet...
Dec 29, 2008 | HP LaserJet 1200 Printer
Sep 14, 2008 | HP Photosmart 3310 Printer
Jun 29, 2011 | HP Photosmart A826 home photo center...
179 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!