E250, When charging screen stays lit. After a while I unplug it, it stays lit. I hold the rec key down 15-30 seconds it goes off. then I hold rec button as I connect to computer. It powers up and goes to refreshing base for about 3 seconds then shuts down and I have to start all over again to no avail.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You need to remove the battery and let the system power down completely. I have had this problem and the others I have seen on this site. Removing and reinstalling the battery solves many problems. Just letting the battery drain is not good for it and may take a really long time.
hi follow these instructions ok 1 with mp3 player off switch lock/hold to on 2 press and hold down rec button on left hand side keep holding down 3 switch on whilst still holding down rec 4 it should now say recovery mode dont do nothing just yet dont connect to computer ok first goto sandisk website and download the latest firmware once downloaded open the file and it will tell you how to install this onto mp3 player.
you should no longer have your problem let me know how you get on and also if you need further assistance ok
Hi try this for me and let me know if you can put it in recovery mode if it does go into recovery mode dont do anything just let me know then ill tell you what you need to do next ok 1. with it switched off put key lock on 2. hold down rec button on left hand side 3. whilst still holding rec switch it on still holding down rec 4 it should now say recovery mode let me know when you get this far ok
You need to put the device into "recovery mode" before you run the tool.
- Turn the device off (hold power for 20 seconds) - Slide the hold switch into "hold" position. -
Press and hold the "record" button while connecting it to your
computer. Keep holding the "record" button until you see the "new
hardware found" on your computer.
Then run the recovery tool. Select format when prompted.
Seems like your player is encountering either a file or system error, causing it to freeze.
One solution would be to see if your player would be detected by your PC, then attempt to format it.
Another solution would be to re-apply the firmware. Here are the steps:
Switch your Sansa E250 to its Recovery Mode:
1. Make sure the player is powered off
2. Enable the "Hold" switch (located on the top of the player). You would know it's enabled when you see the "orange-colored" surface
3. Press the "Record" button. Make sure you keep it pressed while pressing on the "Menu" button.
4. keep your fingers pressed on these 2 buttons until the E250 LCD screen displays "Welcome to Recovery Mode"
5. Connect your E250 to your computer. (Just a reminder: The minimum Operating System requirements for a Sansa E200 player is Windows XP and above)
6. Double-click on "My Computer" and you would see your Sansa E250 appear as a "16 MB" drive. Note: If you do not see that "16 MB" drive/partition, please repeat steps 1-6.
Next, Apply the firmware for the E250 (your player should be connected to your PC at this time):
Use this link to download the firmware for your Sansa E250 (for better results, please save this file on your "Desktop":
Double left-click on the downloaded file, and follow the on-screen prompts. The file will automatically re-flash your player and format it as well, thereby clearing all possible file/system corruptions that may have occurred.
When the process is complete, unplug your E250 from your computer, and please make sure you disable the "Hold" switch
Power up your E250 and 90-99% of the time, it would boot up successfully.