Question about Lexmark X5470 All-In-One InkJet Printer
My friend has a Lexmark 5495. It kept showing a ''Carrier Jam'' message which got automatically resolved after I opened the front cover and re-inserted the cartridges. However, now that I need to align the heads, we have a new problem. The paper does not feed through, it tries to roll through, then starts to wrinkle on the left and does nothing more. I cannot get a paper to feed through at all. Please help!!!
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Carrier Jam
This article gives a few suggestions on how to resolve the issue: http://support.lexmark.com/cgi-perl/knowledgebase.cgi?ccs=229:1:0:462:0:0&framed=&docid=ENUS24402&relevance=1
Posted on Sep 27, 2006
I thought I got all FOD out of my printer, till I turned it up side down.
Pencils apparently find the x2350 very comfortable.
Posted on Jan 22, 2008
SOURCE: carrier jam
Try feeding a sheet thru the top mutisheed scanner feed, or look for some paper stuck in the rollers, I have had mine jam up on multisheet copies several times and I get a clear document type error.
Posted on Mar 12, 2008
1. Turn the printer off and open the access cover.
2. Look for any obstructions in the paper path and remove them if necessary. (It is possible to move the carrier assembly with the power off.)
3. Turn the printer on, load some paper, and press the Form Feed button. (On the X83, press the Select button.)
4. Watch the paper as it feeds through and try to determine where the jam is occurring.
5. Check to see if all the rollers are turning.
If all the rollers are turning, there may be something in the feed path that you can't see. Go to step 6.
If not, there is probably a feed motor or a gear problem and the printer may require service.
6. If the paper is jamming under the carrier assembly, you may be able to fix it using the manual feed slot.
7. Turn the printer off.
8. Take a #10 envelope and feed it through the left side of the manual feed slot until it comes right through the printer to the back of the exit rollers.
9. Move it up and down first, and then slowly move it over to the right side. If something is stuck under the black guide plate, this may work it loose.
Posted on Oct 25, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
the ink cartridge carrier won't automatically move to its loading position even
when the printer is on and the cover is open. Follow the steps below:
Unplug the printer from the power source.
With the cover open, hold the solid white strip that connects from the carrier
assembly to the ink cartridge carrier and gently slide the cartridge carrier to
the center of the printer.
Remove the used cartridges.
Load the new cartridges. Close the cover.
5. Plug the printer back to the power source.
Aug 14, 2011 | Lexmark X5470 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Aug 11, 2011 | Lexmark X5495 Printer
Jul 22, 2010 | Lexmark X646e All-In-One Laser Printer
Apr 15, 2009 | Lexmark X7170 All-In-One Scan/Copy/Fax and...
Mar 08, 2009 | Lexmark X2350 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jun 13, 2008 | Lexmark T630 Laser Printer
Feb 14, 2008 | Lexmark X5470 All-In-One InkJet Printer
108 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: