Question about Intel D845EPI (INTELKD845EPILPAK10) Motherboard
I am updating the bios in this compaq deskpro 6000 p2 with an d845epi intel desktop board. The Express BIOS Update EP20 says that I shouldn't power off the computer for three minutes, and it rebooted and popped up and says the update is completed, but it's not responding. Should I power it down, or just wait? It's been about ten minutes.
Hold down the power buttom till the system turn off and wait for some minutes then power back on. this situations happens when you are updating an old bios.
Posted on Feb 19, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 13, 2012 | Intel Motherboard
Aug 03, 2008 | Compaq Motherboards
Aug 09, 2011 | Intel D945GCCR Motherboard
Updating the BIOS with the Intel® Express
BIOS Update Utility
With the Intel Express BIOS Update utility you can update the system BIOS while in
the Windows environment. The BIOS file is included in an automated update utility
that combines the functionality of the Intel® Flash Memory Update Utility and the ease
of use of Windows-based installation wizards.
To update the BIOS with the Intel Express BIOS Update utility:
1. Go to the Intel World Wide Web site:
2. Navigate to the D946GZIS page, click "[view] Latest BIOS updates," and select the
Express BIOS Update utility file.
3. Download the file to your hard drive. (You can also save this file to a removable
USB device. This is useful if you are updating the BIOS for multiple identical
4. Close all other applications. This step is required. Your system will be rebooted at
the last Express BIOS Update window.
5. Double-click the executable file from the location on your hard drive where it was
saved. This runs the update program.
6. Follow the instructions provided in the dialog boxes to complete the BIOS update.
Feb 16, 2011 | Intel D946GZIS Motherboard
Dec 11, 2009 | Intel D945GCCR Motherboard
Aug 08, 2009 | Motherboards
May 03, 2009 | Intel Desktop Board D845GLVA...
Oct 30, 2008 | Intel D945GTP Motherboard
Feb 10, 2008 | Intel D845GVSR Motherboard
84 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!