Question about Apple Printers & Copiers
Paper Out and paper jam lights stay on and the printer stoped working
Your printer has a long history of problems with its formatters. Apparently you may be able to download updates, but they don't always work. You may have to replace it. More information here:
Posted on Dec 05, 2008
try this... reset the printer...
Next... reboot the computer... this should reset the printer and the computer and the system...
Posted on Oct 25, 2009
Testimonial: "A green wire crossing the paper paper gets in the way of the paper and sets the 'paper jam' warning. Needs rectifying!"
Hope I could still share with you this fix because this is where you need to look at when you think you have done everything to remove the paper jam.
1. Turn off the printer and pull out all plugs and power cord that is attached to your printer.
2. Remove the paper tray at the bottom and let the printer lie at its back so that you can see underneath.
3. Get a flashlight and look closely for the sensor located underneath the printer. The sensor is located in a small square hole, just above the small black plastic "lever" (looks like a small hockey paddle) on the left side of the gray rubber roller. Move the lever so that you can freely look closer on the hole.
4. Notice because there could be a tiny paper shred stuck inside and this causes the sensor to detect a paper jam.
5. Get a small tweezer to remove that paper out.
6. Next, let the printer stand normally and return the tray back.
7. Re-plug all cables and start your printer. That's it!
You can also click on this link for this trick.
Posted on Jan 09, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 06, 2011 | Apple LaserWriter 8500 Printer
Aug 07, 2007 | Apple LaserWriter 12/640 PS Plus Printer
Jul 18, 2011 | Apple LaserWriter 8500 Printer
May 03, 2011 | Zebra TLP 2844-Z Thermal Label Printer
Nov 04, 2009 | Apple LaserWriter 12/640 PS Plus Printer
Jul 10, 2009 | Printers & Copiers
Apr 09, 2008 | Apple LaserWriter 8500 Printer
Aug 08, 2007 | Apple LaserWriter 12/640 PS Plus Printer
May 09, 2007 | Apple LaserWriter 8500 Printer
52 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: