Question about Toshiba Satellite 1130-S155 Notebook
Connector and still doesn't come on, i purchased new battery and adapter and still same problem.
A couple of possibilities:
1) The power jack on the main board needs to be resoldered. Sometimes the connections break at the circuit board because of power plug flexing. This is not a difficult repair, but it means taking the main board out so you can reach the solder side (bottom) of the board. In some cases the main board can be damaged because of heating and arcing at the bad connections, and occasionally the damage is serious enough that the board needs to be replaced.
2) The main board in the computer has failed. Almost all of the electronics in a laptop is on one big circuit board, and when it fails, a "no boot" condition is a very common result.
If you don't feel comfortable taking out all the screws and covers to get the board out to try your own repair, I would suggest getting an estimate from a servicer. The shop I used to work for charged a little under $100 to repair the board if it was bad connections.
Posted on Feb 18, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Try removing the battery from the back and then running it directly through the AC adapter. Sometimes the battery and AC adapter have conflicts and it can cause a laptop to become inoperable.
If this doesn't fix the problem in any way, I would recommend trying a new battery or AC adapter.
hope this helps
Sep 29, 2012 | Toshiba Satellite P200D-11R Laptop AC...
Aug 01, 2011 | Toshiba Computers & Internet
Apr 30, 2011 | Toshiba Satellite PSPA0U01S006 Notebook
Feb 06, 2011 | Toshiba Satellite A75-S209 Notebook
Symptoms of a broken power jack
1. If you wiggle the power cord or the AC Adapter connector on the back of the laptop, the power LED and battery charge LED start to flicker.
2. Battery will not charge in the laptop.
3. Laptop runs fine off a charged battery.
4. With the AC Adapter connected the laptop appears to be dead.
No power LED or battery charge LED activity.
5. Laptop randomly powers off without any warning.
If your laptop is out of warranty, then you can fix the problem by re-soldering DC-IN jack on the system board. If it
Feb 06, 2011 | Toshiba Computers & Internet
Aug 18, 2009 | Toshiba Satellite A105 Notebook
Feb 18, 2009 | Toshiba Satellite 1135-S155 Notebook
Sep 05, 2008 | Toshiba Satellite A55-S306 Notebook
Mar 11, 2008 | Toshiba Satellite A100-S8111TD Notebook
216 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: