Question about Toshiba Satellite 1130-S155 Notebook
Connector and still doesn't come on, i purchased new battery and adapter and still same problem.
A couple of possibilities:
1) The power jack on the main board needs to be resoldered. Sometimes the connections break at the circuit board because of power plug flexing. This is not a difficult repair, but it means taking the main board out so you can reach the solder side (bottom) of the board. In some cases the main board can be damaged because of heating and arcing at the bad connections, and occasionally the damage is serious enough that the board needs to be replaced.
2) The main board in the computer has failed. Almost all of the electronics in a laptop is on one big circuit board, and when it fails, a "no boot" condition is a very common result.
If you don't feel comfortable taking out all the screws and covers to get the board out to try your own repair, I would suggest getting an estimate from a servicer. The shop I used to work for charged a little under $100 to repair the board if it was bad connections.
Posted on Feb 18, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 01, 2011 | Toshiba PC Laptops
Apr 30, 2011 | Toshiba Satellite PSPA0U01S006 Notebook
Feb 06, 2011 | Toshiba Satellite A75-S209 Notebook
Symptoms of a broken power jack
1. If you wiggle the power cord or the AC Adapter connector on the back of the laptop, the power LED and battery charge LED start to flicker.
2. Battery will not charge in the laptop.
3. Laptop runs fine off a charged battery.
4. With the AC Adapter connected the laptop appears to be dead.
No power LED or battery charge LED activity.
5. Laptop randomly powers off without any warning.
If your laptop is out of warranty, then you can fix the problem by re-soldering DC-IN jack on the system board. If it
Feb 06, 2011 | Toshiba PC Laptops
Nov 07, 2009 | PC Laptops
Aug 18, 2009 | Toshiba Satellite A105 Notebook
Feb 18, 2009 | Toshiba Satellite 1135-S155 Notebook
Sep 05, 2008 | Toshiba Satellite A55-S306 Notebook
Mar 11, 2008 | Toshiba Satellite A100-S8111TD Notebook
216 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: